Are all Bluetooth intercoms crap over 70mph

No, I disagree with all of what you say...

You must not have noticed the volume control on the Autocom then. I have been able to talk to my Mrs at over 130mph with an Autocom with us both wearing earplugs on a couple of bikes, and at an indicated 80-90 mph it is almost perfect for a regular chat, once the vox and volume is setup on a new bike I never touch a thing, just plug in the headset.

I dunno what you mean
"with all the plugs and wires"
I just plug in helmet lead and go, takes 2 seconds, maybe 5-6 seconds if I have to connect the Sat-nav as well, unless you take the unit off the bike after every use, and pairing BT devices can be a right pain.

BT systems are also unable to handle multiple simultaneous inputs, if you want half a dozen devices plugged in an Autocom is brilliant, and they last for years, parts can be bought and there is no battery to charge / go flat, deteriorate to the point where it only lasts 30 minutes etc.

I am not saying the wireless age is not here, and likely to be the way forward, but the Autocom is a fine solution for many and generally regarded as providing the clearest, loudest solution out there.

Back
Top Bottom