20 countries - 2 weeks

richardgore

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm just getting the paperwork together for my trip in July and was trying to work out if I need a Vignette for Slovenia. Their website is not that clear; one area mentions bikes and another area only mentions vehicles over 3.5T. I'll be travelling from Croatia through to Italy, avoiding any of the toll tunnels.

Anyone have first hand knowledge?

Also, what's this situation for vignettes for Poland, Slovakia and Croatia. As far as I can see they're not required. I've got the one for Hungary (very good website).

Thanks in advance

:Motomartin

Hi Richard,

If you will be using motorways, then yes, a vignette is required for Slovenia. For a bike, it's €7,50 for a 7 day Vignette. For Poland, no vignette, but toll required (for bikes also) on the A1, A2 and A4 motorways only. Croatia also no vignette, just toll collection on motorways. In Slovakia and Czech Republic, bikes are exempt from the vignette system.

Hope this helps!

Not Correct?

Hi, Dave's reply does not match with my recent experience:confused:
I was in Slovenia just a couple of weeks ago and we ended up doing about 90 miles on motorway - only because torrential rain made the scenic route less attractive:rolleyes:
Their motorways use tollbooths and only charge for vehicles over 3.5T - cars and motorcycles etc go through different booths which are free of charge.:thumb

Cheers................Grizzly:thumb:thumb

Hi, Dave's reply does not match with my recent experience:confused:
I was in Slovenia just a couple of weeks ago and we ended up doing about 90 miles on motorway - only because torrential rain made the scenic route less attractive:rolleyes:
Their motorways use tollbooths and only charge for vehicles over 3.5T - cars and motorcycles etc go through different booths which are free of charge.:thumb

Cheers................Grizzly:thumb:thumb

Don't know where you were but Slovenia does have vignette system that applies to bikes and cars. I have never seen a tollbooth except at the Karawanken tunnel. Certainly there are none between the Austrian border and Ljubljana or from Ljubljana down to the coast.

John

+1 for the Vignette. Used one to escape a heavy storm South to Croatia, best few quid ever spent! ;)

Hi Richard,

If you will be using motorways, then yes, a vignette is required for Slovenia. For a bike, it's €7,50 for a 7 day Vignette. For Poland, no vignette, but toll required (for bikes also) on the A1, A2 and A4 motorways only. Croatia also no vignette, just toll collection on motorways. In Slovakia and Czech Republic, bikes are exempt from the vignette system.

Hope this helps!

100% correct, just returned from Czech and slovakia no vignette needed.
have been to slovenia many times and you deffo need a vignette.
they can be bought from most petrol stns and some general stores.

Confused Now!!!

Ok, well I don't remember exactly where the booths were but we joined the A2 at Nova Mesto after torrential rain had started and stayed on this until the turn-off for Kranska Gora near the Austrian border. We arrived at booths - maybe 8 to 10 lanes wide, and we pulled over on hard shoulder as we only had Croatian Kuna to hand:eek:. While stopped and trying to access Euro's we were also reading signs and watching booths and noticed that all the lanes for cars & vans up to 3.5T were driving straight through - and only the the lanes for HGV's were requiring vehicles to stop (and pay?)
I'm sure all you guys must be right? - I've been to Slovenia before but never had to use motorways - but I'm a bit confused now:rob - we certainly travelled the whole way with no vignette:eek:
Sorry for any confusion:rolleyes:

Cheers....................Grizzly:beerjug:

Slovakia or Czech do not require a vignette for a bike, we do the run regularly on the bike, and by car (car you do), just watch out for cops with cameras, there is never any warning!

Back
Top Bottom