New to rt world

Bada bing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all, after 32 years of continuous motorcycle ownership I have taken the plunge and bought an 08 r1200 rt SE. Great spec and a well cared for main dealer service history. Not done huge miles on it yet but they are to come. Think forums are a great way to get model tips and tricks so hope to learn lots.
Best wishes.

Excellent choice :thumby:

1200RTs are the best bikes you can buy! Whatever year or model!

My main tips would be:
Run the tyre pressures a bit harder than recommended (36f 42r),
Maybe consider Michelin PR3s,
Keep an eye on the oil level,
ACF50 for winter,
Enjoy :beerjug:

Set of Wunderlich bar raisers - sorts the mirrors (view in them) and back ache in one go.....

Enjoy the bike - they are great.

Rik

P.S already been mentioned dont go too easy on the ACF50 too much is never a bad thing.

A Laminar Lip.

To get the airflow over your head.

Means screen can be set at a lower angle = smoother air.

My main tips would be:
ACF50 for winter,

Any reason for the upped tyre pressures?

Can't disagree about the tyre pressures

My main tips would be:
ACF50 for winter,
But re: tyres. Michelin too noisy - front deafening.
Oil level:
I checked mine last week - after 9 months and 5,000 miles. No I did not top it up. An oil change is due next week, and it was just at the bottom of the glass. Ride it hard for a while and they don't use oil.
I never ride on salty roads. Used to, but it was a mistake. The salt destroys everything unless you are prepared to powerwash after every ride and then start with the above mentioned stuff.
Myke

Go easy with the Power Wash, very efficient way to remove paint from front engine cover !!.

Welcome :beerjug: Just had a set of Pirelli Angel GT's fitted, very happy so far.

Great bike, enjoy :thumb

Bar risers = better view in mirrors but less effective wind protection. Very hard to keep up on finish,wheels and footrest mounting plates. Likes brake pads headlamp bulbs.53 mpg no oil use fast enough for me. I'm on my 3rd never let me down. Fuel pump controller went on it when a friend had it. JJH

Back
Top Bottom