Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-8th June 2014

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

6-8th June 2014

As Steve has fixed his Hograost dates for 2014, I thought I should confirm that Gentleman's Wee kend will be held in 2014 from Friday 6th June to Sunday 8th June. Obviously people will be welcome to arrive early if they like.

Put that in your diaries now. The date will definitely not be changing.

PS for those who care about this sort of thing, I've just calculated that as of today's date, that makes it a total of 339 SLEEPS until it starts.
    Last edited by Crapaud; 02-07-13 at 12:37. Reason: No. of SLEEPS

Being newish here and now with 2014 diary in hand ... Is there a link to last years event ? Was there one last year and where is it ? Sorry if its blindingly obvious to some but it all sounds like a hoot .. The Bakerman Hogroast is clearly not to be missed !

Ok ok ok ... Before you all slaughter me ... I've found it !!!

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Go on then Sid, Put us down.

We may well be in a tent though. Hymers got to go, we need to buy a house.

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Hi Sid

So long as an 1150 is welcome I'll join in if thats OK. Be good to see everyone I met last year again.

The beast is running fine with its engine transplant - unlike me! Small argument that I lost with some Dutch apartment stairs of death. Broken and dislocated metatarsals, broken toes 3 month non-weight bearing on crutches. Hopefully up and running / limping by Xmas.

Not for the feint hearted or breakfast eating...

Tnx Mike

...are you up for the Big Bike Rally Challenge http://rallymoto.co.uk/

Let me know if I can help with advice on green laning and rallying your 1150 GS/GSA

- Renthal Fat Bars
    - 21" Front wheels
    - Mods that are REALLY needed

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Hi Sid

So long as an 1150 is welcome I'll join in if thats OK. Be good to see everyone I met last year again.

The beast is running fine with its engine transplant - unlike me! Small argument that I lost with some Dutch apartment stairs of death. Broken and dislocated metatarsals, broken toes 3 month non-weight bearing on crutches. Hopefully up and running / limping by Xmas.

Not for the feint hearted or breakfast eating...

Mike, Are you planning to rebuild it

Thats a nasty 'accident' there mate, wish you a swift recovery. I'd suggest we'd go for a pint but looks like you aren't going anywhere far

Simon

I can't imagine how I've managed to consistently miss this thread for the past 3 and a half months.
    Can I book a tent space please Sid? I have every intention of arriving BEFORE half past eleven on the Sunday night this time...

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Long way away but, airhead rebuilt and I'm getting rebuilt shortly..soooo, hopefully I'll be able to grace your estate again Do us scousers still have to camp half a mile away ?
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Quote Originally Posted by VAL. H. View Post
    Hymers got to go, we need to buy a house.

Val.
    Finally making an honest woman of her, eh?
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Long way away but, airhead rebuilt and I'm getting rebuilt shortly..soooo, hopefully I'll be able to grace your estate again Do us scousers still have to camp half a mile away ?
    We'd love to welcome you here again Kenny

I've missed the opportunity of trying to kill you by wheelying my KTM at you. I'll get some practise in so I can make it look like an accident again.

Camping is always on a first-come-first-served basis, even for scousers. I think in the past we had the house on the market and didn't want to lower the valuation of the property by having any scousers in close proximity. It was also harder for them to carry stolen goods over a longer distance.

no curry thanks

hi sid regards to anne 1 in bunkhouse please if iam allowed back steve

Love to attend, I will be on leave, can you PM me some details please - eg location - I will be camping if I am invited.
    Cheers
    Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by seisobs View Post
    Love to attend, I will be on leave, can you PM me some details please - eg location - I will be camping if I am invited.
    Cheers
    Jake.
    You are welcome.

All details will be given nearer the time. We will go live with bookings in March/April 2014. Location is North Devon. Event will be signposted from The Union Inn pub at Stibb Cross, near Bideford.
    Plenty of room for camping.
    If event is over-subscribed then priority on a reserve list will be given to Airheaders and those who have supported us in the past. But until that point, then ALL are welcome.

Cheers

Sid

Sid,

Put us on your list please. There'll be two of us in a Hymer towing something with two wheels on it.

Sid - Could I put me name on a bed in the bunkhouse, preferably a low level one please
    Taa if I can

Quote Originally Posted by MickDB1 View Post
    Sid - Could I put me name on a bed in the bunkhouse, preferably a low level one please
    Taa if I can
    Sorted Mick. I'll put you down for the bottom bunk with Paul Wong sleeping on top of you. On the top bunk if you know what I mean.
    We don't do any of that funny business down here in Devon.

Mick, I think you are one of the Special VIP members who has attended Events 1 to 5. All such special people will be entitled to a special surprise at the event.

Any other 5 year supporters then please let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast