Ride to Applecross 13/7-15/7

philhunt88

Reaction score
Now then chaps,

I have a new tent and soon will have new tires on my gs, hence i need to test them both out!

To do this properly im thinking about going for a ride to Applecross on the nw coast of scotland.

I live in Hull and I plan to set off at 8am on Saturday the 13th and ride all the way to applecross that day in time for some tea and beers in the pub!

If any one would like to join me give me a shout!

Thanks,
Phil.

p.s. if it ends up pissing down i may change my mind :rob

Fantastic run. Campsite is good with a nice brekky and the pub has some fantastic food. Enjoy yourself.

Dave

Thats quite a run,you will have to leave early or have a late tea:thumby:

ive done it before setting off at 10am and having my tent pitched up and in the pub by 8pm
:beerjug:

Nice ride that one.
Be sure to do the sky road when you get there. Last time i went we had high winds and torrential rain. Would join you on this one but other stuff getting in the way.
Stay safe.
Tim.

i would have gone with you but unfortunately for myself its too early for me, ive pre booked my holidays off work for the 1st august till 11th august and i cant change them now, ime off up to applecross from thirsk, then up to durness, and back.
ime only going on my own too

Bugger! Ah well looks like ill be on my Todd again mind you I quite like riding from dawn till dusk itll be another 1500 miles in 3 days hobby heh.

Any way cocker I still need to arrange a ride round some oof east yorkshires finest roads one weekend so you'll be able to tag along on one of them :)

I'll cross my fingers for you that the weather stays fine - it was cold, wet and thick fog when I went over Applecross a few years ago so I'm still yet to see the view. Sadly, I'm working next weekend :(

Back
Top Bottom