Exmoor 2014

Well thats my plans f**ked. The other D.O on the team has just booked all of April off as leave, meaning I won't get the weekend off :(

Count me in, love Exmoor, have camped at Millslade just up the road, lovely spot

This looks like a nice location! I've chucked it in the calendar. :banana

How come it's the weekend after Easter weekend, rather than on Easter weekend?

Either way - should be good. Hope I don't have to work!

Oh! And count me in for a camping spot please!

I'm cracking on with my diy and will be looking at some route plotting on the Garmin shortly. For your info, off reading's a tad limited on the moor these days, but i'm hoping there'll be a willing volunteer or two for leading some rides. One of my route plans will be a fords ride and the other a roadie.
For those with wobbly boxes, the roads that approach Brendon are steep, narrow and bendy. There's room on site for you but getting there could be tricky if your box is a biggun. I'll suggest that you liaise with Humbug or Prof as they both drive wobblies and have a good knowledge of the roads in the area. I've not asked if they mind proffering some helpful advice, but i'm sure they'll be happy to help. Cheers in advance chaps.:beerjug:

I'm cracking on with my diy and will be looking at some route plotting on the Garmin shortly. For your info, off reading's a tad limited on the moor these days, but i'm hoping there'll be a willing volunteer or two for leading some rides. One of my route plans will be a fords ride and the other a roadie.
For those with wobbly boxes, the roads that approach Brendon are steep, narrow and bendy. There's room on site for you but getting there could be tricky if your box is a biggun. I'll suggest that you liaise with Humbug or Prof as they both drive wobblies and have a good knowledge of the roads in the area. I've not asked if they mind proffering some helpful advice, but i'm sure they'll be happy to help. Cheers in advance chaps.:beerjug:

I'm up for leading an off-road route. Hopefully on my new R65 gs but failing that the 1100.:) I'll go out to check out some routes when these current biblical floods die down a bit. Every ride around here is a fords ride at the moment.:)

I'll also check out the roads for Wobbyboxes as I also have a very wide Hymer. If it comes to the worst, then park the wobbly boxes at my place and ride up to Brendon from here, only about a 30 minute ride on very nice roads.:)

Just been up this way as SWMBO wanted to see a horse on Exmoor.

Very wet up there today and impossible to cross any fords as the rivers are deep and fast flowing. As soon as we get a dry day I will head back on the GS and start to mark out a decent ride out that include some off roading suitable for GSers, NB it will not be technical enduro/trials stuff but you will get your bike dirty.:)

You can clean your bike by riding across the ford at the famous Tarr Steps. There are many excellent pubs in the area and they are used to people turning up covered in mud so likely to welcome a group of thirsty tossers. I will visit several pubs for research purposes, its a tough job, but somebody has to do it.:) :beerjug::beer:

Just been up this way as SWMBO wanted to see a horse on Exmoor.

Very wet up there today and impossible to cross any fords as the rivers are deep and fast flowing. As soon as we get a dry day I will head back on the GS and start to mark out a decent ride out that include some off roading suitable for GSers, NB it will not be technical enduro/trials stuff but you will get your bike dirty.:)

You can clean your bike by riding across the ford at the famous Tarr Steps. There are many excellent pubs in the area and they are used to people turning up covered in mud so likely to welcome a group of thirsty tossers. I will visit several pubs for research purposes, its a tough job, but somebody has to do it.:) :beerjug::beer:

Tarr Farm's a good pub to stop at, and it overlooks the ford so you can have a pint and wait for the fun and frolics to start, once the tossers get there!

Mrs Pj & I will be along from Fowey in Cornwall. Do we need to do anything about booking the campsite?

Mrs Pj & I will be along from Fowey in Cornwall. Do we need to do anything about booking the campsite?

You can book the campsite at the number on the link, though at the time of year we're attending, you can just turn up and pitch up. The farmer will come round in the evening and morning to take your money, and provide firewood if you require it.

Hi Rich,

it looks like we will be available for that weekend, so count us in. :thumb

R

Might try to get down to this Rich, was off on bike upto Scotland following week, may rearrange that. I think this was a brilliant campsite when we went to your 40th and the cider/scrumpy was knockout literally from what I remember. Nice ride down into Brendan too.

Might try to get down to this Rich, was off on bike upto Scotland following week, may rearrange that. I think this was a brilliant campsite when we went to your 40th and the cider/scrumpy was knockout literally from what I remember. Nice ride down into Brendan too.

We're not in the old campsite, we'll be a few hundred metres upstream and the campsite's even better than the old one. Milslade camping was a tad small with no facilities and no escape from the midges du to its' proximity to the river. The new site has pitches along the river, pitches away from the river, showers and toilets and a nice old farmer to bring you firewood. The pub's under new owners since my 40th, but they appear to be doing well. I'm really looking forward to another event here, hopefully with some great weather, and it would be great to see you if you could make it.

Back
Top Bottom