Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exmoor 2014

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    im up for this please one and a tent road ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Just been up this way as SWMBO wanted to see a horse on Exmoor.

Very wet up there today and impossible to cross any fords as the rivers are deep and fast flowing. As soon as we get a dry day I will head back on the GS and start to mark out a decent ride out that include some off roading suitable for GSers, NB it will not be technical enduro/trials stuff but you will get your bike dirty.

You can clean your bike by riding across the ford at the famous Tarr Steps. There are many excellent pubs in the area and they are used to people turning up covered in mud so likely to welcome a group of thirsty tossers. I will visit several pubs for research purposes, its a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
    Tarr Farm's a good pub to stop at, and it overlooks the ford so you can have a pint and wait for the fun and frolics to start, once the tossers get there!

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Mrs Pj & I will be along from Fowey in Cornwall. Do we need to do anything about booking the campsite?

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Tempted by this event
    booked

Quote Originally Posted by Pughy View Post
    Mrs Pj & I will be along from Fowey in Cornwall. Do we need to do anything about booking the campsite?
    You can book the campsite at the number on the link, though at the time of year we're attending, you can just turn up and pitch up. The farmer will come round in the evening and morning to take your money, and provide firewood if you require it.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Hi Rich,

it looks like we will be available for that weekend, so count us in.

R

Might try to get down to this Rich, was off on bike upto Scotland following week, may rearrange that. I think this was a brilliant campsite when we went to your 40th and the cider/scrumpy was knockout literally from what I remember. Nice ride down into Brendan too.

Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post
    Might try to get down to this Rich, was off on bike upto Scotland following week, may rearrange that. I think this was a brilliant campsite when we went to your 40th and the cider/scrumpy was knockout literally from what I remember. Nice ride down into Brendan too.
    We're not in the old campsite, we'll be a few hundred metres upstream and the campsite's even better than the old one. Milslade camping was a tad small with no facilities and no escape from the midges du to its' proximity to the river. The new site has pitches along the river, pitches away from the river, showers and toilets and a nice old farmer to bring you firewood. The pub's under new owners since my 40th, but they appear to be doing well. I'm really looking forward to another event here, hopefully with some great weather, and it would be great to see you if you could make it.

What's the name of the new campsite please?

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by davlyn View Post
    What's the name of the new campsite please?
    Riverside Camping.

PS The clue is in the very first post.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

Thank you.

Another Campsite Linky

D'Oh!

Linky say no...

"You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more..."

CoGS

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    Linky say no...

"You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more…"

CoGS
    Oops, sorry folks, linky now open, show's the exact location of the campsite. Just on the entrance there's a sign too. Approximately 300m east from the bridge in Brendon.

Hi Rich I hope I can be included with a couple of others camping

Passing Phase, you're welcome. This will be a relaxed weekend where people can do as they please. The area has plenty of accommodation and the pub easily coped with us all the last time we were there. Eat, drink, ride, walk, relax, wander, chill, etc…

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast