Exmoor 2014

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Following a good weekend last year, despite the weather, i'm going to run Exmoor again in 2014.
The venue has changed and we'll be heading back to Brendon, where i last organised a get together for my 40th.
Brendon has the benefit of a good selection of reasonably priced B&B accommodation and a super campsite that allows camp fires. No need to worry about bringing wood in the panniers either, the farmer sells the stuff by the sack. There's plenty of room though only a handful of hookups for the wobbly box people, though you could park side by side and share.

Looking at Sid's event and another Classic in the pipeline, i'm going for the last weekend in April - Friday 25th and Saturday 26th in order to allow some space between the meetings. Just so you're aware, this is the weekend after the Easter Bank Holiday.

Accommodation available is:-

Camping at Riverside Camping which is a couple of hundred metres to the east of Brendon village. Current cost is £6 a head per night and a few quid more for one of the hookups.

The focal point for the weekend will be The Staghunters Inn, who have 14 rooms available for B&B.

A few metres from the pub will see you in a posh B&B called Millslade Country House, for those that like something a little more special.

A little further out from the village finds you at Coombe Farm, one of the excellent Farm Stays website B&B's.

Down the road a half mile is The Rockford Inn, should you miss out on the closest accommodation.

Brendon House is also listed but i'm not sure if they're still operating as a B&B. Give them a shout if you can't get in anywhere else.

This is an uncomplicated weekend get together for the GS community, just book in and turn up, and i'm sure there are some people still here that have fond memories of our last visit to Brendon.
I hope we can find some volunteers for some road and off road rideouts, and there is an excellent loop of the area that takes in a fair few fords.
I'll try to get some routes plotted on mapsource so you can find your own way around and i'll also try to arrange walkies for those that fancy stretching their legs.

A few piccies to give you a taster of the area...

I remember your 40th at Brendon, it was a great do.

I'd be happy to help with any ride out on or off road.

Cheers

Sid

OHHH campfires I love campfires can I play with the fire it stops me from falling asleep and I may actually be a few decibels quieter honest. I won't forget your comment about the place being quiet at Devon's do because I had fallen asleep cheeky man, although true.

I'm just approaching the end of repointing my house and will look to get a couple of GPS routes uploaded for you all. There will be two routes, one fords ride and one road run. Watch this space for more details, as and when i get some time. The routes will suit those people wanting to explore the area on their own, or in smaller groups. That said, any ride leader volunteers will be much appreciated.:thumb

Yo Dude, just looking at the calendar for next year and it would appear that the Easter Bank Holidays are the previous week, i.e. 18th and 21st April.
This may have some effect on people's availability etc. when booking up. Best wishes, Gibby

Dooooohhhhh!!! Should have read the thread properly. In the corner with the Dunce's hat for me.

Hi Richard,

It might be possible for me and Tre to make it. I'll know closer the time. It'll be nice to drink a bottle of wine or so with you again mate.

Colin & Tre :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom