Spending 2 weeks in Budapest late July 2013 - security?

johnfitz@GoTourNZ.com

Reaction score
Hi all...

I'm planning on spending a month touring Eastern Europe in late July, and will plan to spend 10 day in Budapest doing a little work. I've found a nice apartment...but there's no secure parking for my bike (R100GSPD).

Is anyone from the forum living in Budapest, or having lived there able to comment, or provide advice/suggestions with regard to security or options for secure parking for the bike

Thanks in advance for any info/help..

Cheers,

John

just ride it up the stairs and into the courtyard and park it there, just like everyone else:augie

I have always found Budapest to be extremely safe!

Security

Chances are your apartment will have a courtyard if you are in the City or nearby. If not sling someone a few $ for secure parking near where you're staying. Most 'concierge's are only too happy for foreign currency.

Failing that get a hefty chain. Lets face it - any city you are vulnerable but no more so in Budapest than elsewhere.

Hi all...

I'm planning on spending a month touring Eastern Europe in late July, and will plan to spend 10 day in Budapest doing a little work. I've found a nice apartment...but there's no secure parking for my bike (R100GSPD).

Is anyone from the forum living in Budapest, or having lived there able to comment, or provide advice/suggestions with regard to security or options for secure parking for the bike

Thanks in advance for any info/help..

Cheers,

John

Find a secure and gated compound to park in, one that is guarded

That's what I did everytime I visited and had no problems

BMWs are popular to be stolen, due to its proximity to Ukraine and former USSR

That said, if you're alert and sensible you'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom