Sold it,had enough

I bumped in to Grumpy Ol Git at Oxford Harley Davidson this afternoon. It seems after 200 miles he may well be ditching the Hog and getting either a V4 Tuono or MV Brutale

Watch this space!

Yep 2000mls and swopped it for a Harley Dyner Aniversary. Yer I know all the shyte about Harleys but hey fork it. the LC Will poss be sorted in about 12 months. Stop the rattles the jerky fuel injection. and the return to the clunky selection of 1st gear. they sorted it on last years Ralley edition. So good luck and bye bye, im off to buy some chrome polish:beerjug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzlN2zC8PU

I bumped in to Grumpy Ol Git at Oxford Harley Davidson this afternoon. It seems after 200 miles he may well be ditching the Hog and getting either a V4 Tuono or MV Brutale

Watch this space!

He obviously likes to squander a bit of cash 'testing' new bikes & selling them in a short time

There's a few like that :)

No surprises...

It's no surprise that there maybe a few issues with a new bike, despite all the testing by BMW. I've been what marketers call 'an early adopter' and bought new cars, bikes, mobile phones etc as soon as they have been launched before. Apart from accepting that you will probably pay a price premium, my experience has often included technical, performance or reliability issues to varying degrees - as I've got older, my patience has improved, and I'm happy to wait until the bugs have been ironed out before handing over the dosh :D

Bearing in mind how pivotal the big GS is to BMW sales, they can't afford not to sort it out, so I'm sure that they will resolve the issues but it maybe a good few months before its what the customer community expect.

I'm happy with my Adv, but will no doubt look to upgrade at some point..... I think I'll wait for another year :augie

Good luck to all those that have had issues, I'm sure that they will be resolved for you over the coming months :thumby:

I'm just, starting to get the impression, "some" of the issues "some" of the people on here are having.... are not, down to... BMW !!!!

same here

I'm just, starting to get the impression, "some" of the issues "some" of the people on here are having.... are not, down to... BMW !!!!

I totally agree, my bike as far as I am concerned is faultless, but after reading some posts you start to get paranoid and feel things arn't quite right,

like I said earlier my bike was in for a replacement screen and I got them to check my bike out, all confirmed ok, went for a breakfast run today with some of the lads and come home smiling, 5000 miles and still loving it.

Terry :aidan

It's no surprise that there maybe a few issues with a new bike, despite all the testing by BMW. I've been what marketers call 'an early adopter' and bought new cars, bikes, mobile phones etc as soon as they have been launched before. Apart from accepting that you will probably pay a price premium, my experience has often included technical, performance or reliability issues to varying degrees - as I've got older, my patience has improved, and I'm happy to wait until the bugs have been ironed out before handing over the dosh :D

Bearing in mind how pivotal the big GS is to BMW sales, they can't afford not to sort it out, so I'm sure that they will resolve the issues but it maybe a good few months before its what the customer community expect.

I'm happy with my Adv, but will no doubt look to upgrade at some point..... I think I'll wait for another year :augie

Good luck to all those that have had issues, I'm sure that they will be resolved for you over the coming months :thumby:

I think there is two ways of seeing this, one is you are content with what you currently ride , the other is that the new is better than what you have even if there are some things that don't meet your expectations.

I had a two year old Ducati Multistrada that had a lot of good things but many bad issues that weren't even fixed on the next models! So waiting would not have made any difference except I would have missed out on 30,000 miles of fun.

He obviously likes to squander a bit of cash 'testing' new bikes & selling them in a short time

There's a few like that :)

He did the same when he had a Ducati Diavel. He spent a few months slagging it of on the Duc Forum. Then traded it for a K1300S, which he kept for a short period before trading that...:rolleyes:

strange fruit....:D

He did the same when he had a Ducati Diavel. He spent a few months slagging it of on the Duc Forum. Then traded it for a K1300S, which he kept for a short period before trading that...:rolleyes:

strange fruit....:D

Must enjoy throwing his cash at dealers then..................£3k at time:eek:

He'd be better setting fire to the value in £10 notes, at least it'd keep him warm

Strange folk, who buy a new bike and keep it 2 months, then repeat.... ad nauseum

Well in two days I'll be in London, happy to check any Pommie WC GS's out and determine if it is bike or rider. Will give the bike a thorough Aussie thrashing to make sure the gearbox,clutch, front end wobble, etc etc is checked.

And more importantly what sites should I see in London and on the road to York ?

Back
Top Bottom