Reflections on Scratching the itch - Nordkapp 2013

Brilliant descriptive report of your travels. Never left the computer after reading the first three minuits until the end, being both informative and enlightning. I hope your itch was scratched.

Brilliant descriptive report of your travels. Never left the computer after reading the first three minuits until the end, being both informative and enlightning. I hope your itch was scratched.

Well thank you kind sir. Itch is scratched but has been replaced by others which is, I guess, always the way. :beerjug:

Thanks

Its been said many times, but thanks for your time to share you trip with us.

Great write up and glad you had fun ........I went two years ago and me and my mate had a "Normal curry meal" and 2 pints in Oslo ..£94

Thanks again

Bigboy

Excellent write-up thanks John :clap

+ 1

John, great to see that you covered the Lofoten archipelago and followed the costal road southwards from Bodø. Which I think gives a better impression of Norway than the main inland artery (E6).

BTW I think your picture:

IMG_0393-M.jpg

is a tinned version of the salt-beef and potato stew that was a staple of many north European seafaring peoples and is still popular in some parts (including Merseyside ;)), with brown gravy.

Yes, that's why someone still are called scousers - lapskaus :)

Fantastic RR. Been twice but a only made it as far as Bodo each time. Did the E17 which is a fabulous road. Thanks again for a great read and memory provoking photographs. :thumb2

Walrus, thanks for a fantastic ride report, albeit I come late to the party :)

I'm in the process of planning a trip part of which will include most of your Norwegian route but from the south to north. Are you able to give me a rough idea of the total ferry costs that you incurred whilst in Norway as this would greatly assist in the planning

Regards Mark

Walrus, thanks for a fantastic ride report, albeit I come late to the party :)

I'm in the process of planning a trip part of which will include most of your Norwegian route but from the south to north. Are you able to give me a rough idea of the total ferry costs that you incurred whilst in Norway as this would greatly assist in the planning

Regards Mark

Hi Mark

I don't remember exact ferry costs, just that in comparison to everything else they seemed quite reasonable. I remember that I thought they paid for themselves in saved fuel. I'll see if I can find any details on my credit card statements. They were never a factor in the route planning for me because they were necessary to access the good roads. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help.

John

Hi Mark

I don't remember exact ferry costs, just that in comparison..................... Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help.

John

Thanks John, you have also inadvertently answered another query. You can pay by credit card :)

I may PM as time draws nearer

Regards Mark

June 9th - "Blow winds and crack your cheeks"

IMG_0423-M.jpg

Otherwise there wasn't much point in taking pictures because it was so grey.
The boats broke the routine

IMG_0425-M.jpg

Looks like You went by my house on Your trip...
I live quite close to this glacier.

Great read walrus . I plan to do this route in reverse. Can. You give. Me an idea of total costs. Thanks great pics

Great photos and accompanying write up ... thinking about going in 2018 but having seen this I,m not sure if I can with that long ! Thank you for sharing. :thumb2

Great photos and accompanying write up ... thinking about going in 2018 but having seen this I,m not sure if I can with that long ! Thank you for sharing. :thumb2
Thanks for bumping up this thread Rusty. A great read indeed.

And Walrus, a brilliant read. Well documented accompanied by fantastic pictures.

:thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Missed this back in 2013. :blast

Fantastic RR. I have the last two weeks in July off and will be doing a similar route but heading up the West Coast and the Lofoten Islands first. :thumb2

I also missed this first time around, so a much belated thanks :beerjug:

I went there by car in 2002 when you could still get a ferry to Norway from the UK. Your pics brought many memories back.
I remember that door to door the mileage came in at 2999.5! :blast

Not sure how I managed to miss this ride report but many thanks for an excellent report and some great photos...... heading that way in September and have pretty much sorted my route out, but I've now added the Silkeborg museum as a stop on the way back! :beerjug:

Really really enjoyed all this.

Thank you for posting it...

Superb report Walrus, I was riveted from start to finish. I'm sure by all the positive comments that you have inspired many on here, as well as myself to get organised and start planning a trip. If they haven't one planned already?

I for one can't wait for your Morocco blog ��

Thank you, Martin

Back
Top Bottom