Pie Dash Sunday August 25th

Shouldnt it be:
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

Shouldnt it be:
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

Yes at last we gettin there now, funny how many people read post and thought typo error. Hair wig well spotted.

Prepare to nod off:

Turn iPad / phone sideways copy and paste above then tap 1/x, or get old calculator from school out and try typing above in and hit 1/x button

In short multiply by 1 no. Or divide by other = same result

And on pi run, looks like I'll be in Scotland this w/end, so catch up nxt time folks.

( ps Wee Rab stroke Fred of list, least I saved u Hassle of another boring lecture !!! Boom )

Ak-chew-alley One attended a "BAY's" lecture back when one was at school

If I recall correctly was it not 3.1416(6 recurring, shown by a little dot over the last 6 ?)

If I recall correctly was it not 3.1416(6 recurring, shown by a little dot over the last 6 ?)

Sorry Jay you were not paying attention that day either.
Sid has the maths right spotted the banal reference to the inverse of a Pi(e) Dash. Not bad for a fella that's not even sure what his name is or what country he will be in. :D

Oh and on an even happier note, I am now employed again, start my new job in the morning, so it'll be celebratory chowder for me too :)

Well done and congrats Clare, have to wait till Septfest to give u a hug.
I'm gonna nick some of Roberts beers and we can celebrate then !!! :beer:

Latest list of Chowder Chasers

RobertG
Dakar
davidgibson999
Kamikaze
Jockser
EricGS
Mide
Spear Ruler
Brian
frank1200
Glenboy
Daithi
Ogmios
Hairnet600
Ropey
GSless Girl
Kev

and joining from up North

[FONT=&quot]
DrFarkoff
TheHeff
Geno
hutchy+1
triggerfish
Boirche
shuck raider ??
esoxlucius ??
David Morton[/FONT]

Latest list of Chowder Chasers

RobertG
Dakar
davidgibson999
Kamikaze
Jockser
EricGS
Mide
Spear Ruler
Brian
frank1200
Glenboy
Daithi
Ogmios
Hairnet600
Ropey
GSless Girl
Kev

[FONT=&quot]
DrFarkoff
TheHeff
Geno
hutchy+1
triggerfish
Boirche
shuck raider ??
esoxlucius ??
David Morton[/FONT]

Are my eyes decieving me or is Daisy Duke missing of the lists :nenau

I will call over in the car and meet youse there :thumb

:aidan

Have you give this a miss, will be hiking in the Mournes , will be thinking of you all getting tucked into that chowder around 2

Enjoy

Are my eyes decieving me or is Daisy Duke missing of the lists :nenau

Well in case it wasn't obvious...

RobertG
Dakar
davidgibson999
Kamikaze
Jockser
EricGS
Mide
Spear Ruler
Brian
frank1200
Glenboy
Daithi
Ogmios
Hairnet600
Ropey
GSless Girl
Kev

[FONT=&quot]
DrFarkoff
TheHeff
Geno
hutchy+1
triggerfish
Boirche
shuck raider ??
David Morton[/FONT]

and making a special guest experience

the one
the only :JB:JB:JB:JB
Daisy Dukes

meet times and locations coming very shortly.

The Chowdwe Chase Plan

Did a recce in the dark last night and survived - just! So the plan is.

Please arrive for 9.15 so Jockser can explain the Drop Off system :D

9.30 SHARP - Leave the Brock Inn car park(off the N2)
Come with empty bladders and full tanks.

Those with ADD need read no further.

10.00 Arrive Slane petrol station
It might suit some to meet us here, and no doubt there will be one who forgot to fill/empty as appropriate.

10.15 Leave Slane on squiggly route to Carrickmacross.

Northern meet point
For those oop north who want to join for a spin before the chowder, this is the place to be.
11.15 Coffee in Carrickmacross (O'Neill Street off Main Street)
There is a coffee shop (Homebake/Pizzasnug) about 100 yards after the turn. The nice lady there said she thought it was open on Sunday. Plenty of other options close by if not.

12.00 Leave Carrickmacross
We will head to Carlingford via some proper GS roads.
Serious note: Lots of gravel at junctions, grass/gravel in the middle of the road, slippery cow stuff, and undulations that will test your pre-load. Be careful out there!
some of these route ideas were stolen with pride from The Heff and Dr Farkoff :beerjug:. This route is 75KM and may take 2 hours holding the group together.

2.00 Start smelling chowder at PJs in Carlingford

The route back to Dublin will be more relaxed. We will refuel early and bimble back on B roads taking about 2 hours to the M50.

Disclaimer:
Never lead a run before so you may
a) get lost
b) get fed up doing u turns
c) be late
d) be early
e) never arrive at all
f) drink bad coffee
g) not have time for coffee

You may not

a) sue me for any of the above or any other disasters that befall you :thumb

I will post GPX files of the main points tomorrow.

PRIMER ON THE DROP OFF SYSTEM
It is simple, but understanding the system is important, as every rider needs to do their part to avoid anyone getting lost (and being called a cnut in Carlingford).

I will stay at the front and navigate the route. Jockser, tail end charlie, will stay at the back in last position. Both of us will maintain our positions in the group at all times.

At every junction, the rider immediately behind the leader stops and marks the junction and indicates the route which the other members of the group should follow. All other riders pass the marker except the 'tail end charlie'. The marker then re-joins the group in front of 'tail end charlie'.

This approach involves all the group and the marker gets rotated from front to back and naturally moves up to the front again. The method works provided everyone makes clear, safe markings and don't forget they are in the No.2 position, when it is their turn to mark.

Nobody other than the sweeper rides in last position. If you stop the sweeper will have to stop to check why.

Back
Top Bottom