Yamaha TT600RE

panterg55

Formerly panterg
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All ,

Need someone who knows Yam Singles - possibly someone who will do work as a "foreigner" , is that politically correct ? Or a gifted amateur within reasonable distance of Manchester . Cheers Glenn .

PS : To the Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it ! :thumb

TT

Carbs - I have a fear of them and electrics ! I know I can probably get psychological help with that and there's probably a name for carbophobia or something . Seriously though at slow speed the carbs splutter and pop back through the airbox , runs cleanly up through the gears and sit's nicely at 70ish - I know some will say that's all you need but most of my commute is City traffic and filtering , it becomes really annoying after a while . Glenn

what do you mean , works as a foreigner?

Do you mean taking your bike to bits on a dirt strewn floor?, and having no idea how to put it back together?
hitting it repeatedly when it doesnt work?
or just working on your bike for next to no money?
either way you'll probably find the carbs full o shyte or maybe a cylinder head carb rubber split where the carbs join the head,or maybe a carb diaphragm split or a sticking slide,the spitting is prob due to air ingress and its running weak at a certain point.

Do you mean taking your bike to bits on a dirt strewn floor?, and having no idea how to put it back together?
hitting it repeatedly when it doesnt work?
or just working on your bike for next to no money?

Only on a forum like this:D

TT

Thanks for the helpful comments - replaced carb rubbers , checked that the carbs are seated to the airbox and the carbs have been thoroughly cleaned - as far as getting a foriegner - I was possibly looking at someone who's retired and may like to earn some cash or someone who has a lot of knowledge of this particular engine with the skills to work on it .panterg

Fit a new pilot jet:thumb

Check that the jets fitted are for the UK market.
If the bike has been stood with old fuel in the float bowl, there will be a furr-type residue build up, this will block or seriously reduce the size of the hole in the pilot jet, which is the jet for slow running of the bike, ie, the first 1/4 of throttle from tick-over.

TT

Thanks for that Timpo - the bike is originally from Portugal will check if there is any differences with the jets - the carbs were thoroughly cleaned with carb cleaner and then sonic cleaned . Glenn:beerjug:

Does anyone know which of the acerbis tanks will fit a 2004 (54) reg TT600RE. FC moto list a 23l and a 20l tank. Different prices by £70 and its the 23l that's cheaper!

Back
Top Bottom