Many thanks

Thanks Bill for everything, you are a gent :clap

To AndrewGSADV thanks for leading out the second group on Flip'sB road bimble :thumby:

To Bounce, Mutters and Toad, thanks for the nights entertainment :green gri

To Ash :eek:

I don't think the word 'thank you' actually goes far enough after this weekend of being thoroughly spolit by BILL...

I think that just about sums it up Bounce, each Tosser Event has an element that makes it sort of unique and Bill's just carried on with this.
An excellent time was had by everyone I believe...The planning and thought that went in to this event was amazing and the choice of beer was impeccable.. Thanks Bill, you are a Gent young sir :bow

Thanks also go out to everyone who helped behind the scene, everything went like clockwork. :beerjug:

Would like to echo everything said here, myself and Ada had a wonderful time.

Our first UKgs event, and hopefully not our last.

Met a lot of wonderful people there, oh and fire! You need fire. :)

Massive effort with food and layout, obvious a lot if thought had gone into this.

ferrol.

Massive thanks to Bill-H for hosting such a wonderful event on his land.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend from riding down with Mort and Gail, Flipfly's B road bimble, Proff's wonderful cider, the food and beers and meeting such a good crowd of "nutters"

Thanks to everyone who contributed food, drink, time and effort to make it a great weekend, it was appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you again somewhere else, either this year or next.

:beerjug: :thumby:

Thank you Bill, absolutely outstanding :clap

This weekend will go down in Tosser history and talked about for years to come, lt's an honor to be one of the privileged people to be able to say, "I was there"

Absolutely fucking epic!

Brilliant weekend Bill. You are one in a billion.

Thank you.

:beerjug:

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Thank you Bill, absolutely outstanding :clap

This weekend will go down in Tosser history and talked about for years to come, lt's an honor to be one of the privileged people to be able to say, "Been there, done that"

Read the sticker man :D

By a bizzarre sequence of events............

Well, firstly lets get the serious proper stuff out the way first. Bill`s hospitality was amazing and the attention to detail (yes, hygienically sealed toothbrush in the ablutions hut!) was staggering. If it wasn`t for the commitment of people like Bill the most of us simply wouldn`t have the chance to get away, drink beer, talk rubbish and generally enjoy ourselves (I`ll bet my sad ass there is no one who DIDN`T have a great time). Bill THANK YOU :bow

Bill, I doubt I ever will get the chance to reciprocate but if there’s anything you need please contact me as I do have the odd resource :D. And as promised as I was leaving here is the torrid tale. But before I start I make it very clear that this is simply a side issue to what should be a thread where we should all be thanking a very kind guy.

So, to go :topic off topic and hopefully provide a (hopefully) modestly amusing tale by way of explanation for my absence on Saturday night I must share with you a bizarre sequence of events which resulted in me and my good friend Martin spending the night in Llandudno. :eek:

And Andy, very sorry for buggering off, I know we had serious beer talk to have over the rack you wish me to make – send me the top box etc and I`ll try to do it for free for you, or at least just paying for materials. :thumb

The Spitfire on cold start :bounce1

This has nothing to do with the night out but as a matter of hilarity Martin did share with me an anecdote where whilst he was in one of the porta loo`s he heard something akin to a Spitfire starting up (google `spitfire on full choke cold start up` and you will get an idea). Anyway shortly after said noise and on exiting the loo he was horrified and mentally scarred to find a `cow pat` which had looked like it had been shot into the ground. I am led to believe that the indication of energy required to `push` said pat into the ground makes me feel that we had one poorly person amongst us with his boxers in tatters or Bill may have one dog less………. Funny funny funny

Anyway………………

The zip line :clap

This is why we went to NW Wales – to have a go on a zip line about a mile long suspended many miles (it seemed like it) about the earth’s surface. Think death slide. Here`s a few facts:

Max speed 165Km
Max height above ground 152m
Length 1500m
Cable breaking strain 27.7t

We did it of course and it was an amazing adrenaline rush. There was one poor chap who couldn`t face it so I said to his lady friend “perhaps next time you want to be the dominant one in the bedroom eh babes?” Thankfully she laughed and totally agreed.

Btw fear is brown and sticky.

Port Merion :)

This is where it really went sideways, we stopped off for some tea and a beer – finding ourselves in the company of a wedding with some really lovely ladies present we did what only two mature married men can do and drooled! Indeed, the `who can take the best photo of that lovely filly` competition was won by Martin as he had cunningly put his camera on auto snapshot and it was whirring away like a gattling gun.

The decision :hide

Eating and having just one beer we then decided that we couldn`t make it back that day and was going to stop over (the view was fantastic………) to be told by the receptionist lady that the nearest place was Llandudno, an hour away. So we got it booked! We contemplated walking there after spending the night doing Tiger Feet in the disco but decided that we were. Indeed, old married men, stinking of fear and sweat and I personally simply couldn`t see what any young lady would see in my capacious wine gut.

Off we hooned totally back in the wrong direction because we were stupid with Martin saying `we are going in the wrong direction` - we wasn`t he just wouldn`t listen. We then found a stretch of road with ONLY cameras every 100 yards and just one bobby patrolling it. Woohoo.

Llandudno :tears

We had been scammed, the website making it look like the Welsh Hilton was bollox – even with the most adroit use of subtle lighting and camera angles this was still a grot hole run by some Malaysians. After getting showered and putting our night time gear on – a euphemism for the gear we had on that day – we hit the town (who could resist us……). Within moments we came across two young ladies who had just had a pee in a shelter on the promenade – lovely! I think they smelt worse than us! We wished them well in their efforts to find suitable public conveniences in the future and went into town.

The nightclub :hug

Think 2 mature (euphemism for old gits) wearing their bike gear, smelling like nothing else in a disco and you have a good idea of how stupid we looked (and smelt) – needless to say we retired back to the grot hole by ourselves (not that there was any intention otherwise but I must say it’s certainly nice to just look! I did spot many new mummies for my two daughters….).

After near kicking the Malasians front door down, we gained access, slept like demons and started the day with a full English `Malaysian` - I’ve just text martin to see if he too has the squirts…………..

So, there we go guys, the reason why we never made it back. Thank you to all the kindly people who asked me today if we were ok (thanks, you are all a good bunch) and I hope this explanation does not detract from a great weekend and for us especially the Friday night. And thank you to all the kind gents who suggested routes and ride-outs. Sadly we had the zip wire booked!

Are you feeling better, Sid?

And last but by no means least - proff, thanks for the cider, I hope the Spanish brandy went some way to reciprocating.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to Bill for a really great weekend. His generosity, hospitality and sheer workload was both amazing, and to a very large extent, humbling that one person was happy to give so much without wanting ANYTHING in return. :hug

The friendliness of everyone there made for a perfect weekend there was this too on Saturday night:camping:camping: with jacket spuds for supper.

Bill, the food you laid on for everyone was amazing. I have seen lesser buffets at wedding receptions. You truly are a gent and thank you for keeping the true spirit of what the GS forum and its members are what it is all about.

And as for Proff and his lethal cider thank you for your generosity too :D

I do hope there will be another one next year. Put my name down for it if there is.

Cheers,

Phil

This must be the best event I have ever attended
Bill never stopped working to make sure everything ran well
I am sure there was not just me that was humbled by Bills generosity
Top bloke - top event - top venue
Also thanks to all the other folks who helped Bill in any way
First class :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

WOW!!! Who would have thought a field could provide ‘5 Star’ facilities and catering:) Bill you are an absolute star – your generous efforts and organisation that obviously went in to making this such a fantastic weekend is unequalled. We can’t thank you enough! AMAZING!!! It was worth buying a GS just to be there!

We, and the great bunch of ‘Tossers’ that enjoyed your hospitality, had a brilliant time – it’s going to be a hard act to follow! The cocktails and ‘hot chocolate’ had a lot answer for too, we’re just relieved that Dave managed to emerge from his pit this morning!

Thanks for the great ride out Rushy - the hills are certainly alive, brilliant scenery, a special treat for us Norfolk folk!
:clap:clap:clap:clap

Bill - It was exceptional. A huge effort, and enormous generosity.

You are one class act Sir.

Huge, huge thanks.

:beerjug:

Bill, thank you so very much for a brilliant weekend....the thought and effort you have put into making this do as fabulous as it was, from the soap and toothbrushes through to the gormet food and scrumptious ales and spirits...it's truly heartwarming to know that gentlemen like you still exist in the world:bow

A big thanks to Rushy for a great run out on some smashing roads and a really nice breakfast to tide me over till tea time :D

For me I think this has been the friendliest GS do I've ever been to, just the right size to have drunken chats with everyone (whether they wanted a drunken chat or not!)

And Ash...the view of your quivering buttocks will go with me to my grave :eek:

BillH = Legend
A ridiculous amount of planning, hard work and a very significant amount of cash went into making sure a few of his mates , and a lot of 'strangers', had a great weekend.:bow :bow

A big thanks to everyone else who contributed by helping BillH with the food and organisation etc, You know who you are , even if some of us don't:clap

And as always it was nice to meet up with some new faces as well as the good old ,and getting older, regulars from this funhouse.

I really enjoyed your company guys which is what really makes these events..... It just takes fantastic blokes like Bill to make that happen ...thanks again fella :thumb

Ian

I don't think the word 'thank you' actually goes far enough after this weekend of being thoroughly spolit by BILL...

:D My executive accommodation
:D Wonderful venue/setting
:D Food & drink was really first class
:D A really nice gathering of people (even Att...:D)
:D Fantastic barn & bails
:D Superb ride out courtesy of Phil

I would like to apologise though, for myself, Mutley & Toad; our utterly appalling attempt @ Arabic poetry in the barn got out of hand, fuelled by mini cocktails that weren't particularly nice, but it amused us...and then Mutley threw the lot up by the fire.....:augie

you are correct about the " thank you " bit.
But no words would be enough for what Bill did for us all other the weekend and the weeks / months before the events.............
+ it was a quick post via my iphone.

It was brilliant and then some:cool
I am going to find some words to adequately describe, as my vocabulary is not comprehensive enough!
It really was an honour to be part of it, everyone was chilled, relaxed and just nice.:beerjug:

Bill.......No words have yet been found, so I may have to make some up.:thumb For now, it has to be the best 'do' ever, in so many ways:cool

When folk go out of their way in so many ways to help and make you feel so good......Well, it just restores all faith in humanity and then some.
I am truly blessed to know such people:beerjug: It`s gonna make it hard to be a miserable bastard for the next few months:thumb

Fantastic location, superb food and choice of refreshments, the most generous host I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and brilliant company all weekend.

All the i's were dotted, all the t's were crossed - and then some.

Thank you Bill, very, very much. :clap

Andy & Paula.

Bill, as a UKGser event attending 'virgin tosser' I fully echo Hooty's sentiment's about you're hospitality...it was absolutely spot on...a sincere thank you :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom