Many thanks

I had a fantastic time thank you to everyone who chatted and made me laugh and especially our host and his helpers. Also to Barb and Prof for getting me there and Andy and Paula for Fridays veggie food. Andy thank you for the lovely ride and doing my first ford! What more could you want from a weekend I loved it all.

Bill, I can't thank you enough for such a great weekend and warm welcome. Apart from a few messages back and forward I was a stranger by all accounts yet I was made to fell so content and relaxed simply by your kindness and friendliness.
The weekend is not over for me yet, I'm sitting in Holyhead waiting on the boat home, I'm wrecked but would do it all again in a heartbeat.
You will sleep well tonight after all your hard work safe in the knowledge that you have given us all a weekend to remember.

Thank you again and if you're ever in Co Down you can rest assured you will be well looked after :thumb

There are men who talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

And then there's Bill. To humble and modest to talk the talk.

But who walks along with the giants matching them stride for stride .

A pleasure to know someone with such a generous soul. And not forgetting his neighbours and syco who pitched in with food help.

:beerjug:

Shropshire do

Well, dunno what I can add to the compliments to Bill so far but just a big thank you, best rally I've been to bar none. So thank you very much Bill and just make sure you come to plenty of other Tosser do's.

Bill words elude me at the moment as i am still coming to terms with the weekend as a whole...generosity, friendliness, location, weather, the ride up through Wales, meeting old friends & new....food,,ale on tap, :friday
Humbled, is all i can muster at present....Thankyou :bow

Thank you all for comming up to the STD

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm very pleased, content and not to say somewhat embarressed by the outpourings on this thread. Grown men and women so easily swayed by a couple of kegs of beer and some poraloos.
The only signs that anything untoward went on over the weekend are the remains of two camp fires and the waft from the yet-to be-collected and slowly fermenting Tardisis (Tardi?)
By a stroke of fortune this morning, after I had re-bagged the rubbish that the foxes had strewn along the drive, I was contemplating the logistics of transorting around twenty bin-bags to the tip in the back of a Smart car when the dustmen arrived at the cottages opposite. A quick nod and wink and the handing over of a box of bread battons left over from Saturday, saw the weekend's detritus wisked away and the final clearing up is now done.
The planning and execution of the weekend gave me something to do and some focus, something which I've been lacking for a while, and it resulted in a gathering of some very decent folks, all of whom pulled the weekend together with their time, efforts and contributions.

Downsides from the event for me? well, due to a number of very kind persons known and unknown, who sidled up to me bearing McVitie's products and alcohol of many colours and tastes, I seem to have finished the weekend with as many full bottles as I started , so that might mean that we have to repeat the whole grim farrago just to use it up :blast
Thoughts go out to IJGser, Ditchwater and Mr Badger who were unable to attend.
Bill, Jake and Crumpet

Attachments

• remEMBER.jpg
    remEMBER.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 148
  • booze cupboard.jpg
    booze cupboard.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Bill. I was there in spirit. I knew it was going to be a blast. Glad everyone had such a good time.

Ian

Thanks Bill. I was there in spirit. I knew it was going to be a blast. Glad everyone had such a good time.

Ian

Mikeyboy had your share of the booze, very funny watching him trying to go to his tent in the early hours of Sunday morning :friday ( pished as a fart ):D

WELL!!!!
That was a "do" and a half.
What a great weekend..
Plus a couple more days for me Barb and ~Anna..
Just adding to everyone elses thoughts.
A Proper Tosser "do"
Thanks again.... Bill, Jake and Crumpet.

:wave:chickendance:hogroast:bowYaaaaaaay Bill.... Yaaaaaay Bill.... Yeeeeehaaaarrrrr Bill!!!! :JB:JB:JB:friday:friday:friday:barf:barf:beerjug:clap:jibber:jibber:drinkinpa:drinkinpa:101:101:chickendance:chickendance:chickendance

Like everyone's said, we can't find the words to thank you for an amazing weekend so, Thank You Bill.

Oh, and i think i've been attending too many of the same events as Ash.... i no longer seem to be perturbed by the sight of a wobbly moon!:D

Bill, Firstly, my apologies for such late response.

As has been said many times already, Jill and I would like to offer our sincere thanks and congratulations for such a great weekend. Your generosity and hospitality are beyond anything we've seen before. :bow:bow:bow

Thank you so much. :beerjug: we enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

Thanks too to all who where involved, tossers and non tossers alike :thumb2:thumby::clap:clap not forgetting Fil (Flip) for organising, and Andy (AndrewGSADV) for leading the Back road bimble, plus others involved in making it such a good day out. I've never ridden the sidecar so hard in the whole two years I've had it. :D What a hoot!

Don't like to boast, but we probably had the had the only free ride home too :augie
The poor old Hymer sprung a leak in the rear brake necessitating the use of the the yellow card, which produced a nice man (err! men, three of them actually) in a big yellow truck to give us a lift back to Wiltshire. Eventually got back at 11pm, just in time for work at 4am :rolleyes:
Still, better to get the mishaps out of the way now and a big service done ready for our trip to Italy later in the year.

Thanks Bill, best weekend ever :thumb

Val & Jill

Back
Top Bottom