New Adventure images released accidentally

It's all in the option packs Bob.................they add up

Sure the base price of 12GS v 12GS WC wasn't hugely different

But at £13815 OTR for a 12GS WC TE (default UK norm spec), it sure was:D

The base price of the standard twin cam GS without ABS was about £10600. The current premium and dynamic packs add £1975 to the price of the GSA. ABS was about £900 on its own and might have been £700 as part of the packs, so £2600 for both packs with ABS. That brings you up to £13200. When you think that the TE has cruise control as part of the spec, something which was never available on the twin cam GS, that brings the difference in cost between the two bikes down to £200 (cruise is a £390 option).

In short, you don't have to buy the fully loaded bike, you can pick and choose what options you want and get a bike at a much lower price if you want. So talk of a "default UK norm spec" is just nonsense.

In short, you don't have to buy the fully loaded bike, you can pick and choose what options you want and get a bike at a much lower price if you want.

So talk of a "default UK norm spec" is just nonsense.

True enough, Bob................on point 1

But most bikes sold (over 80%) are TE and that is what BMW Motorrad UK have set their stall out to sell and priced accordingly

Production has geared up to build 'that' TE bike and that's what they turn out, more or less all over Europe

It's all in the marketing spin

In the 'olden days'...................ABS was standard and your only choice was heated grips or not, simples

I think the ADV will sell to guys /girls who are big in frame and want a bike that fits them like nothing else does .The new ADV will no doubt sell really well. I doubt it will look like these pictures . It will be stunning in the flesh /metal /plastic , and an evolution not a revolution .Loving my new TC GSA , it is a base model , no ESA , no pannier rails , no chrome exhaust , no trip computer , no fog lights , but it is the best I have owned as the model has evolved over 8 years into the perfect bike (for me). I will probably delay purchase for the first year so that the Beta testers can sort it ( like the C600 sport I had) Then I will get one :beerjug:

I think the ADV will sell to guys /girls who are big in frame and want a bike that fits them like nothing else does .The new ADV will no doubt sell really well. I doubt it will look like these pictures . It will be stunning in the flesh /metal /plastic , and an evolution not a revolution .Loving my new TC GSA , it is a base model , no ESA , no pannier rails , no chrome exhaust , no trip computer , no fog lights , but it is the best I have owned as the model has evolved over 8 years into the perfect bike (for me). I will probably delay purchase for the first year so that the Beta testers can sort it ( like the C600 sport I had) Then I will get one :beerjug:

Best change your user id again:blast

But most bikes sold (over 80%) are TE and that is what BMW Motorrad UK have set their stall out to sell and priced accordingly

Production has geared up to build 'that' TE bike and that's what they turn out, more or less all over Europe

In the 'olden days'...................ABS was standard and your only choice was heated grips or not, simples

They may go the route of the distinct models again, eg a adventure enduro? and a te edition, that would create a niche cheaper model in its own right for about £13000, then a te spec about £15500. Bmw should recognise the prices are high in the marketplace and want to position a more basic model in its own right (eg with a name) recognising they will appeal on price, but not wanting to leave the owner feeling too short changed so thereby creating its own identity.

I've ordered one. Like others, I hope the draggy clutch, crashy gearbox and sticky rear brake is sorted out by the time it comes along (March 2014 they've said).

Cheers
Jimmy

They may be geared up for a certain spec but a customer can still order their own spec.

As for the olden days, the R1100GS with ABS as standard would have set you back £9285 in 1996. At todays prices that would be £14700 for a bike with ABS and nothing else. Now, compare that with the spec of the TE which comes in almost £1000 below the price of the 1100GS adjusted for inflation.

Get over yourself.

Nice Tour X in your avatar there, Road boy :D

It's my opinion which I'm entitled to so feck off :D

Great helmets those Tour X's so thanks :thumb

I may have riding gear fit to circumnavigate the globe but go no farther than Europe but then again there's thousands of riders who wear race leathers and boots that go no where near a race track so who gives a fig?

At least I'm not called Bob but try to sex my name up calling myself 'Roberto' :D

+1, well said

Some people need to change the record, I bought my Adv for the reasons above, I do not ride off road but its a great 2 up road bike so I bought one.

Hate these twats who constantly imply you shouldn't get an Adv unless you're some off-road god who should only ride in Africa or Asia

If you're holding a grudge and referring to me, show me where in the last 12 years I've made a similar comment/observation :augie

If you're holding a grudge and referring to me, show me where in the last 12 years I've made a similar comment/observation :augie

Well there was all that wank re the orange monstrosity babbling about what makes a good adventure bike on a GS website for a start.......:augie

I don't hold grudges against people I've never met BTW

I was highlighting 'some' on here who reckon they are superior to the rest of us because they'd rather ride their bike through a stream when there's a perfectly good bridge a few feet away or who own off road bikes and think the rest of us should worship them because they rode up some muddy lane.

You decide whether you fit into either category

I was highlighting 'some' on here who reckon they are superior to the rest of us because they'd rather ride their bike through a stream when there's a perfectly good bridge a few feet away or who own off road bikes and think the rest of us should worship them because they rode up some muddy lane.

I'm not sure which category I fit in on this. I'd like to wheelie over the bridge and then go back and do a stoppie in the stream. But I don't feel confident enough to try a stoppie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom