Tony Archer seat for my Serow

katyotter

Reaction score
Can't wait - my Tony Archer seat arrives tomorrow:clap! My Serow is 22 years old and I've long thought it would be nice to do it up a bit so I've started with the seat - gel and a smart covering job. Next will be the tank, plastics and engine mounting. Pic of the seat to follow.

:beerjug: Kate

Serows are great, I have 2! Wee bikes with a big heart. Went from Devon to HUBB on one of mine loaded to within an inch of it's max and it ran like a dream.

Give us a chance guys:hide, it only arrived a couple of hours ago:rolleyes:

Pics as promised, these are the afters - the befores to follow:D
:beerjug:
Kate

Attachments

• ser1.jpg
    ser1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 539
  • ser2.jpg
    ser2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 533
  • ser3.jpg
    ser3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 560
  • ser4.jpg
    ser4.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 611
Very nice. Don't think I'd bother with the grab strap though, I like to be able to move about to relieve the monkey butt!

All you need now.

Can't wait - my Tony Archer seat arrives tomorrow:clap! My Serow is 22 years old and I've long thought it would be nice to do it up a bit so I've started with the seat - gel and a smart covering job. Next will be the tank, plastics and engine mounting. Pic of the seat to follow.

:beerjug: Kate
is a decent long ride to see if gel cures monkey butt.

Very nice. Don't think I'd bother with the grab strap though, I like to be able to move about to relieve the monkey butt!

:robBut the grab strap adds to the whole aesthetics of the new cover! Also, speaking for myself, my butt certainly doesn't go back anywhere near that far:kissy2

Don't mind at all, it was £110 inc. postage which I think was pretty good:D. Also they got it Saturday morning and I got it back today. :thumb
:beerjug:Kate.

I seriously hope you refer to your Serow as 'The Mighty Wah'.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5WEl12sZIOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you don't you must be too young :D

:robBut the grab strap adds to the whole aesthetics of the new cover! Also, speaking for myself, my butt certainly doesn't go back anywhere near that far:kissy2

Down here in the South Hams we live on pasties and ice cream (well some of us do) so my butt is HUGE!:JB

Also it's now full of gel:clap so it's incredibly comfortable:D
Oh, Katy, I am so jealous! :drool
I've tried lots of things to make my Serow seat more comfortable - currently use a sheepskin which does make a slight difference & I did buy a gel pad which fits onto the seat but I've not actually used it. Perhaps I should :blast

Has it made much difference to the seat height?

Oh, Katy, I am so jealous! :drool
I've tried lots of things to make my Serow seat more comfortable - currently use a sheepskin which does make a slight difference & I did buy a gel pad which fits onto the seat but I've not actually used it. Perhaps I should :blast

Has it made much difference to the seat height?

None at all I think, but the seat's really comfy now. Why don't you just have the gel done? Tony Archer is £60 for that:thumby:. I've taken some close up pics as the ones currently on here really don't do it justice - I'll stick them up this evening.
:beerjug:Kate

Why don't you just have the gel done? Tony Archer is £60 for that:thumby:.
Probably because I've lived in Yorkshire for 20 yrs :rob :augie
I've also got a DR250 which also has an incredibly uncomfortable seat so I'd have to pay out twice.... thought the gel pad & sheepskin would do both bikes but they do make a difference to the seat height.
Look forward to seeing the pics :)

Back
Top Bottom