STD2 18th - 20th July 2014

Tossers do 2014

Count me in Bill, wouldent miss this for anything!!.

Yes please Bill, with missus and son:thumby:

I fancy it in 2014, looked a lovely place you have & the roads are some of the best in England

As long as my working diary means I'm not having to attend WSB, BSB, MX GP or Moto GP.....then yes please!!

Can I advance book the caravan again too Bill as it was ideal...as long as its still there and not being used as fire wood :D

Awww go on then Bill count me in. I will have definitely got a bike by then (Plus my redundancy pay,so i may partake possibly in 1 or 2 small shandies....)and with any luck i might have not crashed it or destroyed it in a years time.....as long as you post a very strongly worded reminder about a month or 2 before the aforesaid actual participation would be deemed to be an appropriate course of action(fuck knows what that means but it do sound good, AARRRR...)...:eek::rolleyes::thumby::type:comfort

Mark.
Bill, Can I STILL have the caravan please. I did buy a tent, but i just learned not to use a gas light INSIDE a tent, Ive STILL got the metal frame if anyone wants it.... what a knob I am....

Ok then, if we must.
Flipfly as said yes to another ride-out, Sycomoto has said yes to another Friday night's Thai curry, I've got the field and will get some more beer, firewood, a Saturday buffet and hire the portaloos, so what could possibly go wrong.

I've been prompted by several people ask for contributions to cover costs, and a quick estimate comes up with around a tenner per person for the weekend based on 80 turning up.

Best leave it until after Chrimbo before starting lists and adding names, but wanted to get the date fixed so peeps who might be organising other events (or changing their event dates:D) can work around it and it also gives everyone a year to crayon it into their diary and then forget to turn up :blast

Errr.... thanks for all the interest so far, there will be a thread for names in the new year, so no point in adding yourselves to this one as it's only to get the date for the event fixed, so I'll close it.

I have not been to a Tosser meet yet, so would love to come along and see what gives. Is there somewhere I can look at last years (or a previous years) pictures. I am just a bit worried about the "off road" aspect.....I could always go fishing instead. :eek

OK found the photo gallery! I recognised some of it - Tissington ford (my brother farms there), Errwood and Goyt valley (I fish in the reservoir there sometimes), Wildboarclough, Blore to Ilam road, Casterton at the back of Ilam. I think I recognised Stanton? Might not have been. Calmed my nerves anyway, I didn't see any, what I would call, off roading!:cool:

Ange and I would very much like to come too please :)

I have not been to a Tosser meet yet, so would love to come along and see what gives. Is there somewhere I can look at last years (or a previous years) pictures. I am just a bit worried about the "off road" aspect.....I could always go fishing instead. :eek

OK found the photo gallery! I recognised some of it - Tissington ford (my brother farms there), Errwood and Goyt valley (I fish in the reservoir there sometimes), Wildboarclough, Blore to Ilam road, Casterton at the back of Ilam. I think I recognised Stanton? Might not have been. Calmed my nerves anyway, I didn't see any, what I would call, off roading!:cool:

The off roading was only me and MickDB1. It appears that these days nobody wants to take a GS further off road than across the grass to their tent. Shame really. There were some awesome tracks around there and the two of us had a brilliant day out. Nothing extreme and any competent rider would be able to get around easily without dropping the bike at all. Mick knows all the tracks and can cater for all abilities of rider from mild to wild.:)

Hopefully a few more might be brave enough to join us next year? :)

The off roading was only me and MickDB1. It appears that these days nobody wants to take a GS further off road than across the grass to their tent. Shame really. There were some awesome tracks around there and the two of us had a brilliant day out. Nothing extreme and any competent rider would be able to get around easily without dropping the bike at all. Mick knows all the tracks and can cater for all abilities of rider from mild to wild.:)

Hopefully a few more might be brave enough to join us next year? :)

There is the stumbling block.......wobbling, mobile chicane, is about the best way to describe my riding incompetence. :blast :aidan

KingRat,
Flipfly, sorted a top road ride he ran a quick run. I ran same route, a little slower. Same offer on for next years STD.
Bill H not taking bookings till New Year. It is a brilliant weekend. :thumby:

Can I book a place please, not sure where I will be working on the Friday so may not make it for that, but Saturday / Sunday no problem. Fang Yu!

*** This is not a 'book me a place' type thread, it's just to get the date fixed for your diaries, I'll be starting a 'book me a place please' type thread at the end of December'***

Thanks peeps

Best leave it until after Chrimbo before starting lists and adding names, but wanted to get the date fixed so peeps who might be organising other events (or changing their event dates:D) can work around it and it also gives everyone a year to crayon it into their diary and then forget to turn up :blast

Errr.... thanks for all the interest so far, there will be a thread for names in the new year, so no point in adding yourselves to this one as it's only to get the date for the event fixed, so I'll close it.

Booked work leave..... So I'll be there this year !!!!

Granny Magnet.

Ange and I would very much like to come too please :)

yep, will actually try to be there for this. Can I still have the caravan, err to sleep in I mean??????

Well, if they are going....so am I !!:beer:

Can I book a place please, not sure where I will be working on the Friday so may not make it for that, but Saturday / Sunday no problem. Fang Yu!

:D

You really can't make this shit up:blast

Back
Top Bottom