Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: STD2 18th - 20th July 2014

Booked work leave..... So I'll be there this year !!!!

Granny Magnet.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have not been to a Tosser meet yet, so would love to come along and see what gives. Is there somewhere I can look at last years (or a previous years) pictures. I am just a bit worried about the "off road" aspect.....I could always go fishing instead.

OK found the photo gallery! I recognised some of it - Tissington ford (my brother farms there), Errwood and Goyt valley (I fish in the reservoir there sometimes), Wildboarclough, Blore to Ilam road, Casterton at the back of Ilam. I think I recognised Stanton? Might not have been. Calmed my nerves anyway, I didn't see any, what I would call, off roading!

I would like to go if I can drive again
    John...pack up your bike and f**k off!

yep, will actually try to be there for this. Can I still have the caravan, err to sleep in I mean??????
    I started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left.

Ange and I would very much like to come too please

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I have not been to a Tosser meet yet, so would love to come along and see what gives. Is there somewhere I can look at last years (or a previous years) pictures. I am just a bit worried about the "off road" aspect.....I could always go fishing instead.

OK found the photo gallery! I recognised some of it - Tissington ford (my brother farms there), Errwood and Goyt valley (I fish in the reservoir there sometimes), Wildboarclough, Blore to Ilam road, Casterton at the back of Ilam. I think I recognised Stanton? Might not have been. Calmed my nerves anyway, I didn't see any, what I would call, off roading!
    The off roading was only me and MickDB1. It appears that these days nobody wants to take a GS further off road than across the grass to their tent. Shame really. There were some awesome tracks around there and the two of us had a brilliant day out. Nothing extreme and any competent rider would be able to get around easily without dropping the bike at all. Mick knows all the tracks and can cater for all abilities of rider from mild to wild.

Hopefully a few more might be brave enough to join us next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    The off roading was only me and MickDB1. It appears that these days nobody wants to take a GS further off road than across the grass to their tent. Shame really. There were some awesome tracks around there and the two of us had a brilliant day out. Nothing extreme and any competent rider would be able to get around easily without dropping the bike at all. Mick knows all the tracks and can cater for all abilities of rider from mild to wild.

Hopefully a few more might be brave enough to join us next year?
    There is the stumbling block.......wobbling, mobile chicane, is about the best way to describe my riding incompetence.

KingRat,
    Flipfly, sorted a top road ride he ran a quick run. I ran same route, a little slower. Same offer on for next years STD.
    Bill H not taking bookings till New Year. It is a brilliant weekend.

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Well, if they are going....so am I !!
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Can I book a place please, not sure where I will be working on the Friday so may not make it for that, but Saturday / Sunday no problem. Fang Yu!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    *** This is not a 'book me a place' type thread, it's just to get the date fixed for your diaries, I'll be starting a 'book me a place please' type thread at the end of December'***

Thanks peeps

Best leave it until after Chrimbo before starting lists and adding names, but wanted to get the date fixed so peeps who might be organising other events (or changing their event dates) can work around it and it also gives everyone a year to crayon it into their diary and then forget to turn up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    Errr.... thanks for all the interest so far, there will be a thread for names in the new year, so no point in adding yourselves to this one as it's only to get the date for the event fixed, so I'll close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle2112 View Post
    Booked work leave..... So I'll be there this year !!!!

Granny Magnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jag View Post
    yep, will actually try to be there for this. Can I still have the caravan, err to sleep in I mean??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Well, if they are going....so am I !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister View Post
    Can I book a place please, not sure where I will be working on the Friday so may not make it for that, but Saturday / Sunday no problem. Fang Yu!

You really can't make this shit up
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Interested and will keep a look out for the official 'numbers' thread
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Count me in
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Can you put me down as a definite maybe Just need to Ask the wife, work and save the fuel money

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Best either get the seized alternator changed on the 1200, or learn to ride the sidecar faster

Fingers crossed I get a new diary for Crimbo. These dates are piling up fast.

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

hi has a new be would love to be able to come to your rally

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast