2002 R1 Fazer

Stradaman

Reaction score
Hi, got the urge to get one, anybody out there with previous usefull knowledge or information, thanks in advance:)

Hi, got the urge to get one, anybody out there with previous usefull knowledge or information, thanks in advance:)

I had one Dave, bulletproof engine and a nice bike to ride, the only issue was the exup valve sticking a bit but an easy fix.

Just go for it :D

Ta Mort, test ride this week, unfortunately it fits Lin as well !
Trying an 02 model, the carb version seems to get far better write up for fuel and being smoother,

Had a 2004 Fazer for a year. It had plenty of power, handled well once the suspension was tweeked and comfortable enough to pile on the miles. But it just didn't have 'the fizz' and I've now come to the conclusion that I prefer twin cylinder engines, the IL4 engine just no longer does it for me. Still, for many, the Fazer is a great bike and like the early first model 600 Fazers, the one to go for as Yamaha ruined it when they updated the model with the fuel injected current one. I sold mine after just one years ownership.

Attachments

• faz6.JPG
    faz6.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 250
  • faz3.JPG
    faz3.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 258
FZ1 boring as fuck just does everything "okay"

R1 Not You Talkin ! BUt still boring as fuck riding along at a liesurely pace!

Better off with an Airhead R100RS :thumby:

Thanks for input, took for long test ride, no aches or pains scared meself a couple of times, liked it, bought it, pick up Friday !!!! :bounce1

great minds eh ?

What's not to like ;)
Vario screen, custom seat, exhaust, Ivanised carbs, hugger, pannier frames & rack, Ohlins shock, front forks sorted by Reactive suspension, FSH, all standard bits, 54 plate, I know the owner so no hidden history ... 2k :bounce1

didn't a guy ship one over to the USA for the Iron butt the other year ?

Collected yesterday, I am impressed, nice all round bike, couple of hundred miles under belt, still on learning curve but, early signs looking good,:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom