Hillclimb bainbridge Wed August 14 at 6pm

Aye, anyways up, why were we here?

Ah yes a hill climb.

Well to be honest the hillclimb route was actually a very easy hill, no difficulties, smooth and not a ridiculous gradient.

Still, this meant the older and more interesting bikes could do it alongside the new machinery.

To be honest didn't watch much of it as it wasn't very exciting - come to Kilburn for that (or abroad for the 'real' thing)

The hillside to the other side would have been far more sporting - but then the older bikes wouldn't have managed and the modern MX bikes and trials bikes would still find it POP, tricky, maybe should (like Kilburn) have two hills for different classes.

Absolute brilliant crowds though - great to see the Dales alive, think the Kilburn organisers need to take some hints from this one.

The course looks quite steep, but in reality for modern MX bikes it really is easy, would need to be a lot steeeper, longer, or more difficult to really progress.

Attachments

• 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 318
Now...all the previous having been said, the thing that was great was the fact older and more interesting machinery was in use.

I loved the fact this Triumph lowrider was modded and entered and doing it good style. I'm pretty sure I've seen this one at the Farmyard in past.

It would be great to see some GSs here - and entirely possible. Minor mods to MX tyres and removal of a few bits (easy with newer models, one fall would remove the crappy plastic tat) and we'd be on the start line.

Gearing may be an issue, not easy to put a bike rear sprocket on :confused: (I'm clearly biased to proper GSs :p)

No chance of winning but it's the taking part that is important.

We 3 bikes left just afore the end as the weather was more inclement - Jez back to the capri 205 whatever thingy with 4 wheels - and we rode back towards the dry east. Elle forked right at A1, JB and ourselves almost back, had pelted down in Thirsk at some point before we arrived though.

A great event, fantastically well supported, and highly likely to be repeated keep an eye out for it next year :thumb

Attachments

• 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 305
Great photo's and write up Fritz. :thumby:
I thought you would have posted a picture of JB's new bike.
Malc :beerjug:

Great video clip here showing the variety of models in appearance, around 1:56 for the Triumph and then the tiger onesy on a CZ enduro (I wish I'd bought the one I viewed in Pickering in around 1984 :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlX9JksXf4

Nice work video man and loving th soundtrack '**** you and this one horse town' surely no comment on Bainbridge :confused::rolleyes::eek:P:D

the videos are better, unsure how to post those :(
Sort of helped you out ;-)

Bev wants to see this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6nJola1Ei8 now that IS a hillclimb!!

Lovely wee Fergie Grey and Gold FE35 to the right of that if I remember correctly and another Massey MF 35 directly behind

attachment.php

Just spoken to Bob that runs it and this year it's on again, Wed 23rd July 2014 6pm but it's not at Bainbridge, it's the Leyburn side of Aysgarth. When I get any more info I'll post it.

Just spoken to Bob that runs it and this year it's on again, Wed 23rd July 2014 6pm but it's not at Bainbridge, it's the Leyburn side of Aysgarth. When I get any more info I'll post it.

Great, it's in the diary

I enjoyed it last year. If I can get away from work early enough I might just go again :cool:

The poster says July but the thread title says August. Can you clarify which it is? I'm guessing the poster is correct because 23rd August is a saturday.

Back
Top Bottom