XR650R Q.

Deleted account 231002001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can you / how do you fit a leccy start to an XR650R?
L's seem to be as rare as rocking horse shite.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKo8FI!E,zgP8BS!Bfv7pw!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKo8FI!E,zgP8BS!Bfv7pw!~~60_57.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 437
Just do what Honda did , fit a Dominator 650 or SLR650 motor or at least their bottom end with the XR top end

im sure you have to change the loom and obervesly a battery along with the engine etc. personally id sell your nice one and get this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300945964716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

then spend a few weeks and few hundred quid painting frame etc and replace bearings and service. you'll end up with a great bike that will start when you drop it.
i used to race XR600 in enduros years ago and they are fantasic bikes but a pain to start after a topple.

or just wait and buy an L . france has lots maybe it would be a worthwhile trip to get a nice one ?

yours looks great should get a decent price :thumb

Can you / how do you fit a leccy start to an XR650R?
L's seem to be as rare as rocking horse shite.

Baja designs did 2 kits for the xr650r.
Iirc there is also a kit for the xr400, which may also fit the 600r in the picture, but will need some work.

You can still buy a brand new "L" model in the US. Saw one in a dealer's in Colorado Springs a few weeks back.

Just seen this.

Trippy, er, at the risk of stating the obvious, the bike in the piccie is not a XR650R. It's an "L".

Or have I lost the plot, even if I knew where is was?

Fluff.

PS I have an "R" and at 54 and 11 .5 st wringing wet, mine starts fine ever tho' fitted with a non-standard Mikuni pumper.

One of the best bikes I've owned, too.

Just seen this.

Trippy, er, at the risk of stating the obvious, the bike in the piccie is not a XR650R. It's an "L".

Or have I lost the plot, even if I knew where is was?

Fluff.

PS I have an "R" and at 54 and 11 .5 st wringing wet, mine starts fine ever tho' fitted with a non-standard Mikuni pumper.

One of the best bikes I've owned, too.

eeerrr no its not an L :augie

the bike in his pic is a 600r and he want to know if you can fit a kit to a 650r the water cooled bike like yours.

the 650L is the air-cooled xr with electric start same as the one on the ebay link.:thumb

love those water cooled XRs :drool:bow:thumb

eeerrr no its not an L :augie

the bike in his pic is a 600r and he want to know if you can fit a kit to a 650r the water cooled bike like yours.

the 650L is the air-cooled xr with electric start same as the one on the ebay link.:thumb

love those water cooled XRs :drool:bow:thumb

A-Ha!

Knew I should have kept quiet, and you are quite correct:blast

Baja Designs. Loads of money + a battery to hide away. It sticks out the left hand engine case like a carbuncle and is a bit exposed to bashing.

Several Xmas presents in one package..

Fluff.

Back
Top Bottom