DrAlf’s ‘Spirited’ Road Ride.

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per the previous two years, I’ll be putting on a spirited road ride around the Cotswolds and beyond taking in the best mix of roads that I know – and I know a lot of cracking biking roads in the area!

We’ll be mixing it up on twisty A roads, challenging B roads with a few “white” roads chucked in for good measure. Maybe the odd humpback bridge launch ramp too:) And certainly a few local dogging hotspots. No offroad so suitable for all makes and models of bikes.

We’ll be using the last man drop off system which means you are free to ride at your own pace however I’ll do my best to entertain those at the front ;-) Having said that, there’s a possibility that I might be 2 up this year but Mrs Alf doesn’t slow me down – much!

I’ll be onsite on the Saturday morning around 10ish ready for a 10:30am start. Ratty old 1150 bitsa with a big blue topbox - you can't miss me. We’ll do no more than 200 miles and probably a lot less. Please have at least 100 miles of fuel on-board.

I’ve taken the liberty of inviting a few spirited riding friends along too so they’ll be plenty of opportunity to mix it up with the sportsbike boys – they love a good “white” road:)

Late lunch break at Bourton on the Water - probably. No GPS files available as I’ll make it up/amend the route as we go along depending upon numbers/weather.

Should be good. Back at the George late afternoon/early evening ready for :beerjug::beer::jager:blagblah and hopefully a game of Aunt Sally or two:augie

Nice one Adam, Bill and I have been waiting for this one!:JB Count us in, weather permitting. I'll bring some spare oil this time; we don't want a repeat of last year!:p

Excellent - look forward to seeing you and Wild Bill Rich.

Maybe leave the LC at home and bring the MM instead:augie

Excellent - look forward to seeing you and Wild Bill Rich.

Maybe leave the LC at home and bring the MM instead:augie

If the sun is shining, I may well do.:beerjug:

Open to any size bikes?

Yep JB - all bikes welcome but would suggest a minimum of 350cc ish. We'll be on national speed limits for most of the day so anything smaller may struggle + it probably wouldn't be much fun for the last man!

I'll be up for this doc. Happy to do tail end Charlie duty.

I'll be up for this doc. Happy to do tail end Charlie duty.

Thanks Roberto:thumb I've potentially got Mick DB1 lined up for last man duties but if for whatever reason he can't make it I'd appreciate you being on standby!

Should be good:)

I will come along for the day if that's ok ! :D

Just got a new triple black GSA, so need to get its first service done before this one, I reckon! Will do my best to keep up.:rob

You'll be riding at your own pace Harlequin so you'll have no problems keeping up:) Look forward to seeing you.

JB: I do hope you're thinking about buying the bike that I think you might be. If so, I look forward to seeing it:)

You'll be riding at your own pace Harlequin so you'll have no problems keeping up:) Look forward to seeing you.

JB: I do hope you're thinking about buying the bike that I think you might be. If so, I look forward to seeing it:)

What is it, what is it?:bounce1:D

I’ve taken the liberty of inviting a few spirited riding friends along too so they’ll be plenty of opportunity to mix it up with the sportsbike boys – they love a good “white” road:)

Enjoyed one of your previous runs, I'm at Nurburgring watching WSB so have to miss this 'opportunity'
Enjoy :thumb

Enjoyed one of your previous runs, I'm at Nurburgring watching WSB so have to miss this 'opportunity'
Enjoy :thumb

Likewise, I enjoyed your attendance a few years ago and also enjoyed all the beers that you sent my way that evening:):beerjug:

Have fun at the Nurburgring. Hopefully see you next year:thumb

Looks like I've managed to enlist the services of the best last man in the world for the 3rd year running.

MickDB1 will be handling the action at the back. For those that haven't met Mick, he's one of the very best - capable of fixing just about anything with nothing more than a roll of gaffer tape and a blunt rusty spoon. Oh and he's a very nice bloke too:D

Gonna be good:) Thanks Mick:thumb

Back
Top Bottom