Can any one identify these Autocom parts

<<Mark_C>>

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've aquired from eblag an Icom radio to use with my Autocom but on arrival some unexpected bits have come attached to it:

This seems to be some sort of battery eliminator. Its connected to the radio like this:

The 3.5 and 2.5mm jacks plug into the top of the radio, and these together with the battery terminals dissappear into the "black box" that lives inside the bag.

Coming out of the black box are two leads, one red and one black that look like this:

Neither of these are colured grey like the lead from my old radio that plugged into my Autocom, but the red lead has the same pin layout as a standard grey radio lead.

I want to use this with An Active 7 smart:

I realise this Autocom model has no capacity to bike power a radio, but is there some way I get this set up to work bike powered with what I have here? Don't mind a bit of soldering if needed?

Looks like its one of the very old units which used to use a 5 pin setup fr the headset before they moved over to the 7 pin midels. The red one is fir powering frim the bike with an inline PTT switch.

Original owner prob had the power cableon hus/her bike and left it on there that wy he could just plug in this little bag and off they went.

You should be able to transfer that cabe over to your unit and then get the power cable from autocomm if you wanted then you dont actually leave the comms on the bike all the time saving it getting nicked....

Was part no 2432
Available from here

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycl...art-bike-power-lead-with-red-socket-3994.html

As for bike powering no idea I'm afraid but I'm sure a font of all wisdom will be along shortly to help and cirrect me if I am wrong about the above......

Back
Top Bottom