Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern Spain July 2013

David Lee
    Great photo's

Keep 'em coming

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Burgos - Bilbao
    My word what a tedious days riding from Segovia to Burgos for the final night in Spain – flat straight boring roads and 37 degree temperatures 
    We visited a couple of interesting castles and the old toen of Lemur, but I wasn’t a happy bunny until we’d checked into the Novotel Hotel Rice and cooled down with a few beers

Burgos was the first city we’d visited which was really busy of an evening. Tripadvisor let us down as the restaurants it recommended near the hotel didn’t seem to exist. We did eventually find a nice little pizzeria after a stroll around the old town and the impressive cathedral.

After a nice fast, twisty ride back to Bilbao the next morning, we soon arrived at Bilbao for our posh cabin on the Cap Finisterre home. Well worth the extra on a long crossing when we didn’t disembark in Portsmouth until 4pm

Steve

2006 K1200S > 2009 R1200GS MU > 2012 R1200RT SE > 2014 R1200GS LC

Homeward bound....
    We spent the last night of our holiday in Salisbury to see the cathedral, followed by one of the best curries I’ve ever eaten http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...e_England.html

The following morning it was time to trawl along the overcrowded roads of southern England, before another ride up the Welsh border and back to God’s county after 2140 miles. We enjoyed Spain so much I’ve already booked the ferry for next July, although we’ll be heading though the Pyrenees and into France next time.

Steve

2006 K1200S > 2009 R1200GS MU > 2012 R1200RT SE > 2014 R1200GS LC

There are some great pics there, fabulous. Thank you for sharing them with us

As above, some good photography and some great sites you visited. Never thought about Northern Spain before, but will now, like you say a trip into Spain then up into France. Start planning

Great report, to the point and I like the quality of the photographs. The black/white adds another dimension.

Lots of food for thought there for on routes, places to visit etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Great pics. Thank you.

Great pics. Looks a fab trip. Did a little of that area in 2007. Think I need a re visit!
    Confirmed Boxer Addict

I enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    There are some great pics there, fabulous. Thank you for sharing them with us
    +1 Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123