Tyre to travel. (help required)

Dean

Reaction score
Can anyone help with the Tyre to travel Mapping ?

http://www.tyretotravel.com/

I have made some routes in google,

uploaded it to Tyre,

then via Base camp uploaded it to my Garmin 550 after reducing the huge number of waypoints.

But it straight lines point to point :blast

I have tried varies way point numbers but it just does not follow the roads all of the time :(, only thing I can think of is the tyre map is not the same as the current 2013 euro mapping :nenau

Has anyone used the Tyre to travel mapping and knows perhaps what I'm doing wrong ? :nenau

That seems a bit of a dogs dinner, why not just create your routes in Basecamp (or Mapsource) ?

Much... Much.. easier.

That seems a bit of a dogs dinner, why not just create your routes in Basecamp (or Mapsource) ?

Much... Much.. easier.

I'll second that, a lot of extra work and you are using bloody Google maps in the process. Makes no sense at all

John

Why make up the routes in google to start :nenau,
TYRE uses google maps in their own planning. Once you have a route finished load it straight into your garmin from TYRE.

In TYRE 'Preferences' General, select Garmin, make up a route with required waypoints, then in 'Garmin' menu, select 'Copy to Garmin' - job done:thumb

Much... Much.. easier.

I'll second that, a lot of extra work and you are using bloody Google maps in the process. Makes no sense at all

John

Your right I made a right pedigree chum of it :thumb2 :D

Why make up the routes in google to start :nenau,
TYRE uses google maps in their own planning. Once you have a route finished load it straight into your garmin from TYRE.

In TYRE 'Preferences' General, select Garmin, make up a route with required waypoints, then in 'Garmin' menu, select 'Copy to Garmin' - job done:thumb

Thank you,

As you put it that way it's so easy :D :beerjug:

Your right I made a right pedigree chum of it :thumb2 :D

Thank you,

As you put it that way it's so easy :D :beerjug:
But, to be honest, we sometimes cannot see the wood for the trees and it is therefore great that on such a Forum we can get people to guide us along a better route (no pun intended!)

I am sure that many are like me: we have a limited knowledge of using a piece of software so, when we do something, we tend to follow the path that semed to work last time. But, with a little more knowledge we could have seen a much more elegent way of doing things.

Just reviving this thread to pose a related question re transferring a Ttt route to a Zumo 550.

Did the route on the laptop on Tyre. Used the settings / preferences to set for Garmin. Transferred the route ok and I can see it on the screen, including the waypoints from which it is derived. However, there's no separate list of these waypoints so I cannot select an individual waypoint from the list and go to it. (Handy if, on the day, I need to skip a waypoint.

Is it me? (Almost certainly!)

Answering my own query here! It was me of course!

After creating the route, I transferred it to the 550 but when importing it after the transfer (why is that necessary? Grr!) I assumed that importing the route would likewise import the waypoints. Silly me! You have to import the waypoints separate from the route whereupon they become "Favourites"!

Anyway, that's the answer, for anyone who is as much of a numpty as myself!

Back
Top Bottom