nice towns to stay in Czech rep

LBL

Reaction score
As title,

Im in the process of looking at a trip to the Czech Rep next year for the boys of here, just wanted to know if anyone has stayed in some nice towns.

We dont really want to stay in the big towns like prague but medium size with a few hotels, bars and places to eat etc

Rozmberk nad Vitavou, it ks near from Cesky Krumlov but for me was better than this big city Cesky Krumlov. Tip , you should come there in late evening it was ambians for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Klatovy

Reasonably quite place with a nice square to sit and eat etc.

Visit the church - it has some interesting extras

Olomouc

There ia an astronomical clock in the main square which is worth a look at and the cafe Mahler in the corner of the square is well worth visiting for coffee and cake

Kopřivnice

The Tatra museum should be visited here

Thanks all,

All very useful, looking for somewhere as a base rather than site seeing so as long as there are a few bars and resturants then :thumb

Cesky Krumlov without doubt, spent two days there relaxing after riding up from Slovakia, some great food and beer to be drunk, and as mentioned, the castle!!! the town has been sensitively restored after nearly falling into ruin. the ride north out of Czech is really nice too. we will return again I believe.

I can understand if you dont want to stay in Prague, but well worth a day trip. we stayed in a town about ten miles west of Prague and took a cab ride in, it was beautiful, I was very glad we did.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 270

Back
Top Bottom