Blackloonies Alert!!

Indeed. If you enjoy good food and a half pint of shandy, get yourself along.

It's only a tenner for your bunkhouse bed. A good night oot shouldnt be this cheap :beerjug:

Due to too many Blackloonies being offshore on this date or otherwise unavailable, the event is cancelled.

Until Oktoberfest :ronno :beer: :jager (date to be finalised)

This is now being held on Saturday 19th October. If you fancy a laugh and a good feed then drinking the contents of your own kerry oot before retiring to a comfy bed with pillows and quilt provided (all for the princely sum of next to feck all), sign up here or let me or Gerry Watts know by PM :thumb2

PS The bunkhouse is situated 4 miles north of Bridge of Cally on the Blairgowrie to Braemar road

A Drink Question:

Here's a question for you drink-crazed 'Loonies' . . .

How long does a bottle of whisky keep, unopened, in a cupboard ???

I suspect you'll have trouble answering that one :D.

The reason I ask is that, as a teetotaller (I've tried, from an early age, but have never developed a palate for alcohol :blast), I've got a cupboard full of bottles that people have given me over the years.

On Saturday I fixed a rear difflock on a Toyota Landcruiser and the owner was so pleased he gave me a bottle of 16 year-old Lagavulin :cool:.

Its of no use to me (or my family) and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Are you needing 'raffle prizes' or any other excuse to get hold of the stuff ??

I have a selection of bottles - some must be 20 years old by now :blast.

Do I hear a mob approaching . . . . . . :augie

Bob.

I'll be first up with the begging bowl for any free bottles :D

Why not bring the Lagavulin with you and enjoy a night at the Blackloonies. You'd know most of the guys going and you'd enjoy it. :thumb

Here's a question for you drink-crazed 'Loonies' . . .

How long does a bottle of whisky keep, unopened, in a cupboard ???

I suspect you'll have trouble answering that one :D.

The reason I ask is that, as a teetotaller (I've tried, from an early age, but have never developed a palate for alcohol :blast), I've got a cupboard full of bottles that people have given me over the years.

On Saturday I fixed a rear difflock on a Toyota Landcruiser and the owner was so pleased he gave me a bottle of 16 year-old Lagavulin :cool:.

Its of no use to me (or my family) and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Are you needing 'raffle prizes' or any other excuse to get hold of the stuff ??

I have a selection of bottles - some must be 20 years old by now :blast.

Do I hear a mob approaching . . . . . . :augie

Bob.

Whisky doesn't get any "older" once it's bottled, Bob. Whisky that's been in the cask for 10 years will always be a 10 year old once it's bottled at that age.:jager

Whisky doesn't get any "older" once it's bottled, Bob. Whisky that's been in the cask for 10 years will always be a 10 year old once it's bottled at that age.:jager

Yes, I know that - but does it deteriorate if left in the bottle for 20 years ??

Only one way to find out I guess :augie.

I posted this question, and offered free whisky . . and then the site crashed - I thought it must have been my fault :D :D.

I'm very busy at the moment, but I'll see if I can get some bottles to the event.

Bob.

Yes, I know that - but does it deteriorate if left in the bottle for 20 years ??

I posted this question, and offered free whisky . . and then the site crashed - I thought it must have been my fault :D :D.

I'm very busy at the moment, but I'll see if I can get some bottles to the event.

Bob.

As long as it still has the seal intact then no air could get in so it'll be just as good as it ever was

If the seal had been removed then the cork would let air in, even if only a little which could affect it with a little alcohol evaporation.

Whatever you do, don't bin it, I'm sure it'll be grand :thumb2

Corks deteriorate in spirits and there is always a small amount of air movement as the temperature fluctuates. Expect any old cork closed bottles to have lost some content and the corks may break up when you try to remove them. The spirit will still be fine, some say that it does still improve marginally over a period of years in glass. I've never kept a bottle long enough to find out.

Any number of experts at a Black Loonies "do" will happily QC the contents.

Screw tops should be fine and as good as the day they were bottled.

Corks deteriorate in spirits and there is always a small amount of air movement as the temperature fluctuates. Expect any old cork closed bottles to have lost some content and the corks may break up when you try to remove them. The spirit will still be fine, some say that it does still improve marginally over a period of years in glass. I've never kept a bottle long enough to find out.

Any number of experts at a Black Loonies "do" will happily QC the contents.

Screw tops should be fine and as good as the day they were bottled.

Mr Packer are you coming to the loonies?

Bob.

Why don't you come up and bring your generous donation with you? You know most if the folk attending. I know you don't drink but there's first class eats served up as well :beerjug:

I think I need to take the Lagavulin into protective custody....I'm one of the only people I know that likes it. Seriously if you want stuff collected during the week before Blackloonies I can get down to you any day that week.....

I think I need to take the Lagavulin into protective custody....I'm one of the only people I know that likes it. Seriously if you want stuff collected during the week before Blackloonies I can get down to you any day that week.....

I like it too :cool:

Andi Drynen lives about 5 mins from Bob. Mind you, he likes it too :blast

Back
Top Bottom