Arai RX7 GP Fault

cjseach

Reaction score
Just posting here to see if anyone can offer advice on the following;

In October 2011 i purchased an Arai RX7 (end of season good price etc). The helmet was not used until spring 2012 and after 2 months of lightish use (1500miles) the chin vent developed 2 cracks equa-distant from the centre about 1cm in from each side. The helmet went back to the importers who took 3 months to change the vent due to a wait for parts.

As a consequence the helmet was only worn briefly before being packed away for the winter. I started wearing it in April and by the end of May the vent had cracked in the identical places. So i took the helmet back to the shop who sent it back to the importers who replaced the vent. This time in only 2 weeks.

I received the helmet back in June and after using it half a dozen times it had cracked again. So back again to the shop and this time i asked that the helmet be replaced as i feel that there is a more serious fault than the vent.

Heard from them today and they said "Arai have replaced the vent free of charge for the last time and from this point forward you will need to pay"

So i have now spoken to the importer and said "the helmet developed the fault so early on and has continued to have the same fault so i would like the helmet replaced." They are going to contact Arai and see what they suggest.

Just to cover the basics... its stored and carried in its bag, its never held by the chin bar, it hasn't been dropped. Its cleaned with a V Sponge and water. (no chemicals)

So any thoughts on if its something i'm doing wrong? or am i proceeding in the correct way? Legally do i have much hope in gaining a replacement helmet or refund?

Any help would be appreciated

Chris

Chris

Just for the record three years on this helmet is no better as I am experiencing the same as you did now.

Mine is a 20014 TT and both side pods have cracked and now suddenly the chin vent as come off one side.

Unbelievable for a £750 helmet and its been treated with the same care you treated yours with.

Arai are currently assessing my problem and I am waiting to hear from them with regards it being repaired.

Its frustrating because I can fit the side pods if they give me replacements but with regard to the chin vent it should be easy to fit but given I cannot see how I will have to get Arai to do it.

Thankfully my Schuberth C3 is reliable so I can still use that.

I know its an old thread but in fairness I think I should update it.
Today I received all the necessary parts I need to repair the helmet free of charge from Arai.
They advise to get the chin vent fitted by an Arai dealer but looking at how they would have to do it I determined that it was just a case of removing the internal chin vent covering by pulling it out. Which I did and it gives you access to the two screws that hold the chin vent on. I have now to determine the best adhesive to refit the cover.
Problem solved then.

Back
Top Bottom