Test ride today new VFR

Reaction score
Test ride today new Crosstourer

Having tested a non twin clutch crosstourer today and impressed with it and looking to chop my 2012 TB gs1200 in on one ,is there any difference from the clunk into first gear after a few thousand miles or is it as good as it gets ??
What's the average for first service cost so I've got some amo for a deal ??
What sort of mpg have people been getting from mixed riding ??
Cheers for any answers :thumb

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody popular bike these then 68 views an not one response :blast ,are they really that bad :eek:

Try asking on a Honda forum and you might just get the answers you are looking for :thumb

Your heading is wrong as the Crosstourer is not really a VFR. Maybe a reason for the lack of response ?

Personally, I took the (DCT version) CT out for a demo ride of 230 miles. It was going to be my next big bike (right up to the point of a demo ride on the KTM 1190 Adv) as it has the quality WMB doesn't, a fantastic engine with superbly smooth shaft drive and is a cracking ride as you've discovered. Gearbox on the DCT is fabulous and again personally, it's the one I'd have bought over the manual. I've listened to guys on there manual bikes leaving the dealers and yes, they clunk into first, but no worse than most other Hondas do. V4 TRV here has one (again, DCT version) and is getting around 45mpg, but he is a bit of a looney. :D He'd be the man to direct your questions too. :thumb

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had my CT (DCT) long but mpg seems to be around 50, with normal riding. Manual version does seem a bit clunky, I got manual first, but soon switched to the DCT, which I think is great, take one out for a test, switch it to the S mode and use the downshift button for setting up for corners, roundabouts etc. Incidentally, I switched from a TB GS too and have no regrets, yet:)

No clunking on my DCT.

45 mpg but then I do press on a bit :D

Dunno about servicing costs - all I know is my next is at 8k .

It's a quality bike and goes like stink.

If you're fed up with BMW build quality then look no further. Did a 4k trip to Mugello in June with no issues.

Having tested a non twin clutch crosstourer today and impressed with it and looking to chop my 2012 TB gs1200 in on one ,is there any difference from the clunk into first gear after a few thousand miles or is it as good as it gets ??
What's the average for first service cost so I've got some amo for a deal ??
What sort of mpg have people been getting from mixed riding ??
Cheers for any answers :thumb

Honda do a service package which covers the 600, 8,16 and 24k services for £575.

Now done about 7K on my manual, yes first is clunky and if you do two up mileage the DCT is fantastic but I chose to save the cost of the DCT

Average high 40's to the gallon, 50 when touring at all sorts of speeds, engine is fantastic and the bike will do silly speeds really quickly without fuss as the V4 is so smooth

First service was closer to the £200 mark if i remember, service package might be worthwhile depending on the mileage you do

Never heard of one failing on the Honda forum

Honda do a service package which covers the 600, 8,16 and 24k services for £575.

Cheers for that will ask as I haven't been offered it but dealers do like to make money don't they :augie especially on servicing ,but still way cheaper then a beema :thumb

Took a manual version out for a test ride today and bloody loved it. The wife much preferred the pillion over the S10 and that engine, awesome, bugger does it fly and the gearbox is a peach.
Liked it that much when we got back to the dealers ended up chopping in the S10 on a brand new Crosstourer Highlander, happy days - can't wait for next Sunday......:thumb

Took a manual version out for a test ride today and bloody loved it. The wife much preferred the pillion over the S10 and that engine, awesome, bugger does it fly and the gearbox is a peach.
Liked it that much when we got back to the dealers ended up chopping in the S10 on a brand new Crosstourer Highlander, happy days - can't wait for next Sunday......:thumb

Congrats but don't let on as we don't want the hoards following :D

Back
Top Bottom