C3 Pro with Comms

Budweiser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just ordered a new C3 Pro helmet complete with their comms pro unit. Not cheap, but if I get 5 years out of it its not to bad and the company pays.

Has anyone else bought this set up? Comments?

Likewise very pleased.

Had the same set-up for 3 weeks now and no complaints; snug fit and quiet ~ no neck injuries sustained whilst performing over-the-shoulder observations whilst changing lanes at speed... impressed.

No complaints.

Helmets are very subjective and a lot depends on individual head shapes etc. My C3 was beautifully made but wildly uncomfortable. The SRC makes it even more uncomfortable as the microphone boom exits the neck roll from the lower edge and feeds up into the lid (unlike the System 6 and the Nolan N104 which exits the neck roll inside the helmet). The path the boom of the microphone takes seems to press it against your lower jaw on the right hand side. This is difficult to adjust because of the close proximity between the mouthguard and ones mouth. Also, the battery for the SRC and the controls for the SRC are in the neck roll. This makes the neck roll very hard and uncomfortable.

I have had the Schuberth C3 and eventually gave up with it. I replaced it with a Nolan N104. The quality of the Nolan is nowhere near that of the C3 but it is far more comfortable and, in many ways, better thought out. The bluetooth system installation is far better designed although battery life is much much shorter. Overall though, I prefer the Nolan and, for the difference in price, a much better buy.

Ensure you try the Schuberth (with the SRC) before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom