Wilbers/1200GSA

filbe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you tossers know that I recently went to see the guys at Revs in Birmingham to have Wilbers fitted to my 2010GSA (14,000 miles).

John and Paul were very helpful and totally professional and run a very clean and efficient operation. I had a fairly gruelling drive up to Birmingham from Brighton, leaving around 5.45 am, in the rain, and dropped the bike off around 9.30 and headed into Birmingham. Around 3.45, Paul picked me up from Streetbike, a Suzuki dealership up the road from Revs, which has a good range of clothing and a cafe, and after an cup of coffee, I jumped on the bike and headed home.

The first thing I noticed was how soft the suspension felt, and then I looked down to see the ESA was set to 'comfort'. This was interesting in itself because I'd never felt much of a difference between the modes before. I switched back to 'normal' and immediately noticed a marked difference, with the suspension firming up. When I then tried 'sport' the suspension at once became taut. Good news!

As I drove down to Brighton on the M40, the bike felt much more sure-footed and planted than before, but smoother at the same time, and obviously the bumps were being absorbed more efficiently. I also hit quite a lot more rain on the way down and then rush hour on the M25 where I was filtering a lot. The net result of the Wilbers was more confidence for me in nearly every riding situation.

Since then, I've driven to northern Spain on my own, and back with the wife as pillion! Only really used Route Nationale and 'D' roads, and experienced everything from 100 mph long sweeping bends to tight hairpins in the Midi Pyrenees. I honestly doubt the bike could handle any better, whether 1 or 2 up!

Btw, I was also riding on a new pair of Tourance Next, which seemed pretty good to me in the wet and dry!

Anyway, I can highly recommend Revs and Wilbers :beerjug:

Just thought I'd let you tossers know that I recently went to see the guys at Revs in Birmingham to have Wilbers fitted to my 2010GSA (14,000 miles).

John and Paul were very helpful and totally professional and run a very clean and efficient operation. I had a fairly gruelling drive up to Birmingham from Brighton, leaving around 5.45 am, in the rain, and dropped the bike off around 9.30 and headed into Birmingham. Around 3.45, Paul picked me up from Streetbike, a Suzuki dealership up the road from Revs, which has a good range of clothing and a cafe, and after an cup of coffee, I jumped on the bike and headed home.

The first thing I noticed was how soft the suspension felt, and then I looked down to see the ESA was set to 'comfort'. This was interesting in itself because I'd never felt much of a difference between the modes before. I switched back to 'normal' and immediately noticed a marked difference, with the suspension firming up. When I then tried 'sport' the suspension at once became taut. Good news!

As I drove down to Brighton on the M40, the bike felt much more sure-footed and planted than before, but smoother at the same time, and obviously the bumps were being absorbed more efficiently. I also hit quite a lot more rain on the way down and then rush hour on the M25 where I was filtering a lot. The net result of the Wilbers was more confidence for me in nearly every riding situation.

Since then, I've driven to northern Spain on my own, and back with the wife as pillion! Only really used Route Nationale and 'D' roads, and experienced everything from 100 mph long sweeping bends to tight hairpins in the Midi Pyrenees. I honestly doubt the bike could handle any better, whether 1 or 2 up!

Btw, I was also riding on a new pair of Tourance Next, which seemed pretty good to me in the wet and dry!

Anyway, I can highly recommend Revs and Wilbers :beerjug:

Just out of interest for the future. What was the approx cost?

Mark

You donate your ESA electronics which are then put on the Wilburs shocks. To have front and back done is £1275.

The ones I have for sale are much cheaper:thumb

Back
Top Bottom