Loving this Rob...mucho envious!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fishbird View Post
    Get a job man..
    Don't remind me Dave..

Ljubljana to Sainkt Michael im Lungau

The promise that the bike would be untouched out in the street is a promise met aside from there's a flower seemingly neatly placed on the seat this morning (?). Curious. Hmm. Damn you, you crazy basketball hooligans.

A mellow packing up of the bike and getting out of town is easy: Straight, turn right. No, really.

And that's pretty much the long and short of it. The city is left behind in under ten minutes. We’re taking the opportunity to nip onto the Motorway so a very early coffee break can be taken at Lake Bled about half an hour or so up the road.

It's a beautiful spot and here very easy to park the bike down by the water. In the summer you can park the bike up and take a dip.

Great place and a lovely spot for a spot of refreshment.

The chaps rowing the boats back from Bled island return groups of tourists from Asia someplace. They politely applaud their return.

Back to the main road. More 'adventure towing'

Into the Julian Alps we go. Just short of the Austrian border we trundle off towards Kranska Gora. It's a lovely morning and not too cold at all.

We have a run across the Vrsic pass, heading back South again. A terrific little winding run up. The Plateau up at the top. A couple of hundred meters up the road there are some stunning southerly views, however there's much jostling about in the nice spots for pictures so we don't bother.

We take it easy and just drift down the other side. Listening to a bit of music, taking it easy. For some reason Tangerine Dream sticks in my mind as the ears pop everything goes quiet and I can just hear the music in my headphones, no background noise. Mellow, quiet, peaceful, lovely

At the bottom of the pass we find a tiny shop that seems to sell everything so I sort out a picnic lunch for us. My, they really do seem to have everything here. I was thinking about asking for an alternator for a 1994 Saab 900 Turbo, but the woman didn't speak any English so I made do with bread, ham, cheeses, crackers and Yop.

Nipping back through Italy again.

We cross into Austria. The couple of passes thus far have put us in the mood for more so let's see what we can see.

Having a casual spy at the accommodation on offer around here. Woof. A freebie giggle.

Later, via facebook, after posting the picture I'm informed it is ran by the Wankers

On the road..

We head for the Nockalmstrasse. For some reason the woman says that we've got a discount on the normal price. No idea why but won't complain.

What exactly are road services? Tea hut at a guess.

Up at the biker point.

There's a couple of these parked up.

There are very helpful little maps all around with suggested bike runs.

Drive slowly and quietly according to the moose.

We're intending to keep cracking North but I'm greeted with digs in the ribs. 'I've had enough, let's stop'. The next town we stop.

Accommodation found simply and we mingle with a large gaggle of American pensioners on a cycling holiday.

Don't bother with beer today. That can't be right, can it..

And so to bed, zzzzz

NICE
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

OK, repeat to self..

"I am going to finish this.."

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    OK, repeat to self..

yeah or your gonna get a visit
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Aging 1 eyed Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

take your time,don't rush it,keep your audience entertained,its going to be a long winter.
    mummy mummy is dad dead?
    no son hes out riding that bloody bike

whats that you say?
    I've no idea as I've been out riding my bike..

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    yeah or your gonna get a visit
    Yeah .... from the both of us

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Apologies again folks.. am sorting it..

Sankt Michael im Lungau to Berwang

A very pleasant morning, but of a nip in the air but not a bad day for riding at all

Being close to the main road we nip on for a few miles to much.

Through the Tauern Tunnel. Big bugger.

And then a trot in a Westerly direction, nothing particularly remarkable but nice enough.

Going a little bit out of the way to get a vantage point of the Krimmler Waterfall.

And trundle over the visit the Waterfall. At the time of year, well, there's not very many bike visitors..

The waterfall..

Is impressive..

Watch out for low flying hedgehogs.

And we're handily located for the starting point of the Gerlos pass.

Comfortable motoring for those of the 'loaded up' condition, well surfaced and wide roadway, all pretty easy stuff and quite enjoyable.

Over the top as it were and in as predictable turn of events whenever you go over a pass, the weather on the other side is crap. We plod on for a while. Cold now. Traffic gets heavy and we shelter in a petrol station for a coffee and a thaw. We're joined by two dozen or so Austrian bikers, a club group on a ride out, a very loud and sociable bunch.

North-ish now and we're looking for somewhere to stop. We land on Berwang, a ski resort close to the border. I leave the main drag as I'm just sooo so bored, heavy weather, limited opportunities to get going, the riding just not flowing at all.

Berwang is a ski resort, and being just out of season a very sleepy one, but we get a ski-lodge venue that is warm cosy and lots of space to dry stuff, this is the ticket.

Evil skies, snow up on the peaks.

The events of the latter part of the day put me in the mood for some hearty fayre.

A beer that is just the ticket, one of many that is disposed of..

..and some local food that was just incredible.

Evening in summary: Fairly pissed and very well fed.

That's all for today

Enjoying your writings, Roberto, was in that part of Austria this year and the Gerlos Strasse was WET, Very WET with , if I remember correctly, lots of man hole covers

They are obviously expecting a lot of bikes in the peak season at the waterfall

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789