What handle bars?

shakey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have bought myself a sportster and having ridden it for a couple of hundred miles I now need to make some changes to it.

I really don't like the riding position.

I have already replaced the nice shiny chrome forward controls with mid controls. (Anyone interested in the forward controls send me a pm) and now I'm looking at tackling the issue of the handle bars. The bike still has the stock bars that come with an XL883C which pull back in the custom cruiser style. I think the look and style I'm aiming for is a bit more forward and straight, flat tracker style. I also like the look of the current "Iron" setup.

What I need to know is what bars should I be buying. eBay is full of bars, a multitude of styles and diameters, dimples etc. I don't really want to get into changing the length of cables and hoses. I have been into my local Harley dealer but object a little to paying a hundred pounds for handle bars.! Who makes up their prices?

Can anyone offer some advice on how to keep this modification as simple and as cheap as possible please.

Having just sold ...

... my 'Glide the new owner preferred the original bars, leaving me with a pair of lowered & straightened bars; you're welcome to them for the postage. I'll post a pic but it won't be until Saturday at the earliest :nenau

I can see it being expensive that's why I asked really, im looking for ideas from anyone that has changed their bars for a better look and done it at less than Harley prices.

Got the PM ...

... and will post a pic at the weekend.

On another tack, I was in Riverside (Independent HD chap in SW London) a while ago and he had a basket of secondhand bars at very reasonable prices should you find yourself down that way.

Back
Top Bottom