Thanks for the assistance and warm welcome!

Diesel-bad

Reaction score
Despite my best efforts to sabotage my bike on Saturday by adding about half a tank of diesel AND running low on oil, I had an absolute 'blast' on DrAlf's spirited ride! Thank you to my pit crew (I'd highly recommend them) - Jon, Pat and Mick for not only staying with me but for the calmness they brought to it, including:
Persuading a local to go back to his house for a hose!
Syphoning and pumping the mix out (Jon's got a taste for the stuff now).
Helping me deal with the plank BMW Emergency Assist sent (another story in itself).
Thanks to Adam for the top up of oil - owe you some dosh for that.

Seems to be running ok after refuelling. If anyone has anything additionally I should do to it (12 plate GSA) let me know.

Toad - thanks for organising, really enjoyed the whole thing. Next year can you see if you can get an award winning camp site - one with a No- Bell Prize ;).

Cheers
Diesel-bad (Mark).

Despite my best efforts to sabotage my bike on Saturday by adding about half a tank of diesel AND running low on oil, I had an absolute 'blast' on DrAlf's spirited ride! Thank you to my pit crew (I'd highly recommend them) - Jon, Pat and Mick for not only staying with me but for the calmness they brought to it, including:
Persuading a local to go back to his house for a hose!
Syphoning and pumping the mix out (Jon's got a taste for the stuff now).
Helping me deal with the plank BMW Emergency Assist sent (another story in itself).
Thanks to Adam for the top up of oil - owe you some dosh for that.

Seems to be running ok after refuelling. If anyone has anything additionally I should do to it (12 plate GSA) let me know.

Toad - thanks for organising, really enjoyed the whole thing. Next year can you see if you can get an award winning camp site - one with a No- Bell Prize ;).

Cheers
Diesel-bad (Mark).

happy it all turned out good.

the rest of us who weren't involved in the rescue effort got extra chill out time in bourton on the water. can't be bad :D

Glad you enjoyed yourself and very impressed that you managed to get the bike sorted out over lunch. Most people, myself included, would have ended up getting recovered.

It was a cracking event wasn't it? Looking forward to the next one already:thumb

Back
Top Bottom