Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to you all

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thanks to you all

Thanks to everyone who attended

There are some details that we can refine for next time, but generally I felt it went OK

For improvement -

Access to toilets
    Food (Particularly for the veggies)
    Bells (Not sure this can be fixed, maybe earplugs for all??)

The pub do have plans for a shower block with toilets, so I will watch with interest for signs of this happening.
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Thanks Dan, if the toilet block wasnt provided in time for the next one (if there is) then a couple of porta loos for the time the pub was closed would do

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    please not on the 31st

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Aye.. 24hr access to facilities would be nice at my age and I felt they got the breakfast right on day 2.

I like the venue and the fact they are keen to have a load of beer and cider swilling eejits in their back garden.

Above are minor niggles in what was a great weekend. Takes a lot to make me smile.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Strawberry fields ... forever Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I think ...

... the venue tried hard to correct that which was in their power i.e. the second breakfast. It remains to be seen if they can make good on the longer term improvements; so I undertake to go back with Dan from time to time to check on progress
    Paul

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'd go back there again it was a great venue, and as others have said, if it made Cal & Dans life easier all the better.

I do prefer the old venue, less overlooked, bigger, more 'Trad' but i'd still be happy enough at the George

Perhaps next time i'll manage a pint or two

Shep
    A man with no boat is a prisoner.
    Faroese proverb

I thought it was an excellent venue with a great atmosphere. I'm guessing that your post indicates that you will do it again Dan

One thought - it was the British GP on the Sunday and I know a lot of guys left early to catch the race. How about booking the same weekend next year and having a big TV available in the covered area. Maybe a Sunday raost too?

Thanks again though. Thoroughly enjoyed myself

Quote Originally Posted by DrAlf View Post
    I thought it was an excellent venue with a great atmosphere. I'm guessing that your post indicates that you will do it again Dan

One thought - it was the British GP on the Sunday and I know a lot of guys left early to catch the race. How about booking the same weekend next year and having a big TV available in the covered area. Maybe a Sunday raost too?

Thanks again though. Thoroughly enjoyed myself
    You mean for those too scared to go riding really, dont you! As for suggestions, how about a fines / awards evening on the sat to get more integrated. Reckon the diesel into a gs was a winner this year,maybe tied with ATTs lifting of a fully lit log, as we all know, fire doesnt burn us!

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    You mean for those too scared to go riding really, dont you! As for suggestions, how about a fines / awards evening on the sat to get more integrated. Reckon the diesel into a gs was a winner this year,maybe tied with ATTs lifting of a fully lit log, as we all know, fire doesnt burn us!
    And he confessed to having once water-boarded himself, just to see what all the fuss was about! Brilliant!!

Can we have the tea & coffee located near the breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Can we have the tea & coffee located near the breakfast?
    The bright ones made a drink and took it to the breakfast,,,fail to prepare, prepare to.......

I'm the same, when sat on the Sunday morning eating I thought 'should have made a coffee to bring'

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    The bright ones made a drink and took it to the breakfast,,,fail to prepare, prepare to.......

I'm the same, when sat on the Sunday morning eating I thought 'should have made a coffee to bring'
    that was me also, fail

The venue was great, yep a couple of minor points but I bet the owners hadn't had that many camping out the back before, I bet they had a moment or two.

I look forward to putting my name down for next year more and maybe a bit of

Bassman Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Plus 1 on GSaddicts quote above, mine hosts were possibly unprepared for the rabble that descended on them and just having the loo open at an earlier hour would have eased the congestion there. However, I did learn an awful lot about what to do if taken short and the use of socks in these situations!!!
    Would I do it all again? Just can't wait for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Plus 1 on GSaddicts quote above, mine hosts were possibly unprepared for the rabble that descended on them and just having the loo open at an earlier hour would have eased the congestion there. However, I did learn an awful lot about what to do if taken short and the use of socks in these situations!!!
    Would I do it all again? Just can't wait for next year.
    Socks, Socks ....? You had your persil bottle.

Here's too the next 1

Oh Dear !

Quote Originally Posted by GSaddict View Post
    Socks, Socks ....? You had your persil bottle.

Here's too the next 1
    Gs addict
    Have you ever tried to squeeze a no2 into a bottle ? Neither have I
    But Socks ??????????
    Gibby you,re a bad man Were,nt you in the pub in your shreddies was it ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast