Thanks to you all

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who attended :clap

There are some details that we can refine for next time, but generally I felt it went OK:beerjug:

For improvement -

Access to toilets
Food (Particularly for the veggies)
Bells :D (Not sure this can be fixed, maybe earplugs for all??)

The pub do have plans for a shower block with toilets, so I will watch with interest for signs of this happening.

Thanks Dan, if the toilet block wasnt provided in time for the next one (if there is) then a couple of porta loos for the time the pub was closed would do :beerjug:

Aye.. 24hr access to facilities would be nice at my age and I felt they got the breakfast right on day 2.

I like the venue and the fact they are keen to have a load of beer and cider swilling eejits in their back garden.

Above are minor niggles in what was a great weekend. Takes a lot to make me smile.

:friday

I think ...

... the venue tried hard to correct that which was in their power i.e. the second breakfast. It remains to be seen if they can make good on the longer term improvements; so I undertake to go back with Dan from time to time to check on progress :D

I'd go back there again it was a great venue, and as others have said, if it made Cal & Dans life easier all the better.

I do prefer the old venue, less overlooked, bigger, more 'Trad' but i'd still be happy enough at the George:thumb2

Perhaps next time i'll manage a pint or two:blast

Shep

I thought it was an excellent venue with a great atmosphere. I'm guessing that your post indicates that you will do it again Dan:beerjug:

One thought - it was the British GP on the Sunday and I know a lot of guys left early to catch the race. How about booking the same weekend next year and having a big TV available in the covered area. Maybe a Sunday raost too?:)

Thanks again though. Thoroughly enjoyed myself:thumby:

I thought it was an excellent venue with a great atmosphere. I'm guessing that your post indicates that you will do it again Dan:beerjug:

One thought - it was the British GP on the Sunday and I know a lot of guys left early to catch the race. How about booking the same weekend next year and having a big TV available in the covered area. Maybe a Sunday raost too?:)

Thanks again though. Thoroughly enjoyed myself:thumby:

You mean for those too scared to go riding really, dont you! As for suggestions, how about a fines / awards evening on the sat to get more integrated. Reckon the diesel into a gs was a winner this year,maybe tied with ATTs lifting of a fully lit log, as we all know, fire doesnt burn us!

You mean for those too scared to go riding really, dont you! As for suggestions, how about a fines / awards evening on the sat to get more integrated. Reckon the diesel into a gs was a winner this year,maybe tied with ATTs lifting of a fully lit log, as we all know, fire doesnt burn us!

And he confessed to having once water-boarded himself, just to see what all the fuss was about! Brilliant!!

Can we have the tea & coffee located near the breakfast? ;)

The bright ones made a drink and took it to the breakfast,,,fail to prepare, prepare to.......

I'm the same, when sat on the Sunday morning eating I thought 'should have made a coffee to bring' :blast

The bright ones made a drink and took it to the breakfast,,,fail to prepare, prepare to.......

I'm the same, when sat on the Sunday morning eating I thought 'should have made a coffee to bring' :blast

that was me also, fail :blast

The venue was great, yep a couple of minor points but I bet the owners hadn't had that many camping out the back before, I bet they had a :yikes moment or two.

I look forward to putting my name down for next year more :friday and maybe a bit of :beer:

Plus 1 on GSaddicts quote above, mine hosts were possibly unprepared for the rabble that descended on them and just having the loo open at an earlier hour would have eased the congestion there. However, I did learn an awful lot about what to do if taken short and the use of socks in these situations!!!
Would I do it all again? Just can't wait for next year.:beer::beer::beer:

Plus 1 on GSaddicts quote above, mine hosts were possibly unprepared for the rabble that descended on them and just having the loo open at an earlier hour would have eased the congestion there. However, I did learn an awful lot about what to do if taken short and the use of socks in these situations!!!
Would I do it all again? Just can't wait for next year.:beer::beer::beer:

Socks, Socks ....? You had your persil bottle. :D

Here's too the next 1 :clap

Oh Dear !

Socks, Socks ....? You had your persil bottle. :D

Here's too the next 1 :clap

Gs addict
Have you ever tried to squeeze a no2 into a bottle ? Neither have I
But Socks ??????????
Gibby you,re a bad man Were,nt you in the pub in your shreddies was it ?

socks? nah.

there is one tesco carrier bag that will never be re-used i can assure you :D

Gs addict
Have you ever tried to squeeze a no2 into a bottle ? Neither have I
But Socks ??????????
Gibby you,re a bad man Were,nt you in the pub in your shreddies was it ?

:blast never gave no 2's a thought :barf well done That man, lateral thinking :pullface

Pub have confirmed that at the very least there will be toilets, water, and some electrical hookups in time for next year........

Back
Top Bottom