im booked for a look tomorrow

Rob what did you think?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Looked on the website:

As an ex motocrosser, if I were in the market for such a machine,
    the first thing I would always look at is the weight.
    When riding off road, this is the single most important thing which determines much of the pleasure to be had in such jaunts.
    Haviing looked, this single most important item is missing from the website.
    The BMW version is 120kg dry.
    Ultimately, one has to ask, it the CCM version lighter? If not, why bother?
    Myke

It's not a motocross bike it's an adventure bike otherwise you'd buy a 100kg ktm but you wouldn't want to do more than 50 miles on road. It's a niche the only other bike about this is ktm 690e.
    Will be interesting to see how it sells?

Just about to reply but his post had gone
    Maybe he re read what he put

finn,

Toyo has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - CCM GP450 Adventure test ride - in the Thumpers and Smokers forum of ::. UKGSer .::.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...e&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by finn)---
    It's not a motocross bike it's an adventure bike otherwise you'd buy a 100kg ktm but you wouldn't want to do more than 50 miles on road.
    ---End Quote---
    Thanks for the good chuckle! It's the best oxymoron I've read in awhile!! (adventure and no more than 50 miles...) Not exactly a travel bike then!
    But then again....
    Not a motocross either...
    Not a street bike....
    so.... I'm struggling to see the point

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    ::.

well went to the NEC on Monday to see this in the flesh didn't do a ride as my knee is still fuc;;; they had 4 on the stand from basic £8k to fully pimped with very small hard luggage for £12600
    asked a few questions about the engine i.e. what they have done after the 3rd guy a phone call was made as not a lot of people knew exactly what they have done to the 450 engine but basically restricted revs lower power 29bhp i think although optional full power cable (invalidates the warranty) and 5 gears
    if you look at the 450x the servicing is along the lines of ktm exc but the seem to think by doing the above you will get 5000 miles between servicing 800ml of oil is all it will take now im no expert but lets say you go trail riding on Sunday cover 200 miles on Monday then 500 mile blat to Paris that oil will be black
    why 120 rear tyre
    Husky terra plastic rear rack
    larconi(can't spell) exhaust
    £351 for twin exhaust thats a storage can/ tool tube £50 for the stickers

the things i really liked about the bike the frame fab job looks really strong little things like accessory bar on the front, the fairing, adjustable screen, frames for luggage and protection, how the cowling supports the sat nag and speedo

I was really interested and for a few minutes debated about a deposit with a few extras and then walked away a little disappointed.

Its a real mishmash bike with bits taken from 450x the te449 and terra 650 with their own spin on it all
    As ive a te449 and 650 terra personally my terra with all its bling is a better bike i know its not 135kg but is every bit better with the bigger unrestricted engine and my 449 could have bits added to be very like the ccm bike but at full power
    so i can see the idea of 450 adventure bike but in the real world.....................
    lets see how many the sell, bod said they had orders for 30-40
    personally without a network for servicing and parts its going to be interesting for them

what about a Honda crf450 XRL then???

Just wondering if the above would fulfill some of the criteria of the CCM. I'm led to believe by Dobles Honda that very soon a completely road legal CRF450 will be in the showrooms. This will have all the Onroad kit fitted to it including a digital speedo (not sure about a fuel guage though) as well as indicators brake lights etc etc.. I'm told they are fitted by some guy called Dave Thorpe(Think he may be an ex racer of some sort!!!) but I'm led to believe that if you bought an XRL version it would not come with the benefit of any warranty, as basically its an offroader fitted with lights. I originally toyed with the idea of getting a CRF250L but think i need a bit more power.....

Anyway, just my 2p's worth

Mark.
    I started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by mark2jag View Post
    Just wondering if the above would fulfill some of the criteria of the CCM. I'm led to believe by Dobles Honda that very soon a completely road legal CRF450 will be in the showrooms. This will have all the Onroad kit fitted to it including a digital speedo (not sure about a fuel guage though) as well as indicators brake lights etc etc.. I'm told they are fitted by some guy called Dave Thorpe(Think he may be an ex racer of some sort!!!) but I'm led to believe that if you bought an XRL version it would not come with the benefit of any warranty, as basically its an offroader fitted with lights. I originally toyed with the idea of getting a CRF250L but think i need a bit more power.....

Anyway, just my 2p's worth

Mark.

Don't Honda still make the CRF50X which is the fully road legal enduro bike trying to compete withe the KTM EXCs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Don't Honda still make the CRF450X which is the fully road legal enduro bike trying to compete withe the KTM EXCs ?
    yes same bike, all the L stands for is road legal, they fit a road legal kit, lights/horn/speedo etc
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

But JB,the CRF450X was fully road legal and came with lights,horn etc.

My mate had one and I rode it on road in Guernsey many times when we used to ride the beaches in winter. I nearly bought one when I sold my KTM 450EXC,but I decided to get the KTM EXC250F instead-pleased I did as it was an amazing bit of kit.

This CCM 450 is a brave move in a new direction but if I wanted something similar ,and a lighter version of my 950SE I would get a KTM 690R,stick on a Safari tank to up total capacity to 26 litres then fit a Rally Raid fairing and Renazco seat.Job done !!

CR450X-RL (Road Legal)

The CRF450X isn't and wasn't UK road legal, technically...........no brake light switches and dipping front light, plus just an odometer - so not really the whole nine yards, which the CRF450XRL addresses - with indicators/speedo/brake light switches etc

Same bikes just with a Honda full road kit - including ignition key and alloy fuel tank

http://trmracing.com/bikeshop/index....roducts_id=827
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

I would get a KTM 690R,stick on a Safari tank to up total capacity to 26 litres then fit a Rally Raid fairing and Renazco seat.Job done !!
    Job done indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    Job done indeed

Actually that looks better with that RR Evo tank setup than the Safari-is that yours ,Tim ?

I saw a similar one in the workshop when I got my 950SE serviced recently-I take it to Tony Woodhams who looks after Patsy Quicks academy bikes and has spannered on the Dakar many times

I'm not sure if it did sell http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-G450X-...d=553429986081

but if it did'nt this is everything the CCM is and more and as the longer service intervals on the CCM are created through not pegging it so much a bit of self control would give you the same with this.
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Actually that looks better with that RR Evo tank setup than the Safari-is that yours ,Tim ?

Yes, my baby

Depending on what settings and how it's ridden it should get up to possibly 250 miles range now, not as much as the Safari but this is probably quite a bit slimmer holding 10L, 22L in total.

Very nice !!!! Just chuck some Andy Strapz panniers on the back and head back to Ulaanbaatar !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast