1250 Bandit GT any good?

Devon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fancy a low tech, competent, reliable bike and the 1250 Bandit GT seems to fit the bill ( or else a DL650GT V Strom). Anyone got the Bandit GT? Is it any good?
I see the DL 650 is rated in this section.

I can vouch for the V - Strom. My son had a 650cc V - Strom, and we went for a little ride out which got as far as Italy. We did 2000 miles in 8 days and I tried it several times and it was very good.
BUT remember both bikes are Suzuki so will require a lot of TLC to keep them looking good.

I have a 1200s Bandit and believe me they can shift.I sold my F800gs to buy this and I can say it`s comfortable very comfortable.I have rigged it so it has the hard panniers like the GT,with the addition of a taller screen and mra spoiler I get no head shake at triple digit speeds.That bike advertised looks really nice and I would have been tempted if I hadn`t already bought one.The main difference between 1250 and 1200 is the 1250 is fuel injected and water cooled.For a bike built to a price they are superb value for money.

I had a 1250 GT for four years. I liked the bike until I got into the adventure style bikes. Its very smooth, fast and reliable and handles decently. I got bored of the cramped riding position. And the fact it never got a second look at my local bikers caf (Shallow me).

Amongst my present steeds I have a KLV 1000 (DL 1000 in Kawasaki orange). Although not as fast as the GT its still fast enough. I enjoy the riding position more and the engine has a nice sound (character). It does a get a lot more looks than the Bandit ever did. The DL/KLV is also available with full luggage in a GT option.

I have noticed though that DL 650s are very cheap second hand.

You won't go wrong with either bike. Go with what you feel happiest on.

One of the blokes at work has a 1200 with 60k on the clock, it's never missed a beat and still sounds sweet as a nut.

In fact I've just bought a 1200 myself having had one in 2000 and had a happy relationship then so I thought I'd rekindle it:thumb

Thank's for the info. After a lot of thought I reckon the DL 650 is probably a better bike for 95% of my needs. The roads around here are terrible now and one or two more hard winters will break them up even more so something with decent suspension travel will be a bonus. The Bandit looks a cracking bike though.

Back
Top Bottom