battery source for GSA1150

vireo

Reaction score
So it looks like my battery is fooked. Its an original BMW job, 12v/ 19aH.
Whats the consensus regarding a replacement? OEM from the dealers (€ ?), or something else. I read that quad bike batteries are a good alternative.

Thanks

I "may" have a contact that will supply at a good price. And maybe even the gel battery ;). I need to know the exact details of the one you want. Also I'm in Dublin. . . . . . . . So how would we organise it ? PM me.

If it's an original battery on an 1150, it's lasted a minimum of 7 years.....that's pretty good going :thumb

OEM batteries are not as expensive as you might imagine......no harm in getting another :thumb

If it's an original battery on an 1150, it's lasted a minimum of 7 years.....that's pretty good going :thumb

OEM batteries are not as expensive as you might imagine......no harm in getting another :thumb

I agree with the first bit, but not the second.

I tried one of the dealers here today :)

I nearly choked on my Rice Crispies.......€176 for a new OEM Battery. I had to get him to repeat it because I though I misheard.

Jockser, I'll check out Tim - thanks.

Luke, its an Exide BMW 12v/19Ah, as here http://www.batterymart.com/p-ut51913-sealed-agm-battery.html?Category_Code=bmw-r1150gs-battery Type 51913

I dont need/want to skimp on a crap battery, but dont want to pay €176 either. had budgeted around €80. Anything less would be great, a bit more would be bearable.

Doing well getting one for 80,.I gave a little over the ton to Mark at platinum for a motobatt.

No 1150GSA option, it seems?

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/motobatt-mb51814---es1812v-bmw-51814-bmw-51913-1540-p.asp
€115 delivered. That's Lee Honda's online shop in Cork. Ring and ask for best price. They did better than that for me earlier this year
Thanks, I'll give them a call. Presume that the terminal lay-out will be suitable, maybe with adaptors?

Doing well getting one for 80,.I gave a little over the ton to Mark at platinum for a motobatt.
Looking like the best option so far :thumb

Soooo..........................!

:D Does this mean yer coming out to play again.....:p

John

I wish.....I'm just keeping her ticking over at the mo'. Keeping my head above water hasn't allowed enough time for GS play recently...... :(

D-day may be looming for the GSA in the not too distant future and a fully fueled company vehicle makes it hard to justify keeping her as a toy. Things change tho, and possible changes of role in work mean I may need her medium-term, so its a case of keeping her warm until I know whats happening. All well though.....you?

Back
Top Bottom