Easter Wander 2014 - Vianden - 17-21 April

Richard many thanks !

If this will make life your life easier I don't mind meeting you in St Omer.

Hello everyone.

Just waiting to hear about the request for two extra rooms from the hotel in Vianden. There is a chance they are shut at the moment, hence the small delay.

Don't worry about the Ibis, I can fix that.

Booked our tickets too!

OUT: Thursday 17 April - Departure 18:36

RETURN: Monday 21 April - Departure 19:06

:)

The hotel in Vianden has confirmed our two extra single rooms, one for Robin and one for Denz0.

I will now book ONE extra single room at the Ibis in St Omer for Denz0. Robin will meet us on Saturday morning for a 09:00 AM departure.

Richard

Richard Many thanks !

How about creating video report from the trip ?
This is one of few I've done
http://youtu.be/dmRBfcxi6j0

-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-•*-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-

Hello everyone, again

The Ibis in St Omer has confirmed one extra single room for Denz0, for our first night.

Robin, I take it that you are sticking with your plan to come over to meet us there in time for an 09:00 departure?

If it's easier for you, we could meet at the payage barrier where we EXIT the motorway, which would save you coming off the motorway, into St Omer and then riding back to the motorway. That would give you maybe an extra 45 minutes in bed. Off the top of my head I can't remember which junction I planned on exiting from but I'm sure we can work something out.

Denz0, very happy for you to make a film of our jaunt. Looks quite good.

I think that is now everything set up, with just the suggested routes there, back and in between to do. I will lob these up as and when.

Richard

Yo Trixie ....

I am off! If you can book me a double room at Vianden and the Ibis, we're in too.

If you want me to make the enquiries myself I will ...

:beerjug:

Updated list:

Wapping
NeilDD
Ianjnk
RTosser
Homer1968
Stewart Daniels (via another site) - PROVISIONAL - SUBJECT to confirmation.
Robin
Denz0

dxtans (Mr and Mrs) (double)
Alleycam (Mr and Mrs) (double)

10 bikes - 12 bods

Plus hopefully Mr and Mrs Giles to be added, in one double room (11 bikes - 14 bods)

I think that's enough to be getting on with. List closed.

I am beginning to think perhaps I should travel over on the Thursday with the rest of you. Otherwise it'll be a v early start on Friday to get to St Omer by 09:00 French time.

Richard, do I need to make my own booking in St Omer? I would do so but it isn't clear which Ibis you have booked in St Omer - there are two and your previous link includes them both. I doubt it would make too much difference, but with plenty of time to go, I won't worry about it yet. if you can let me know which hotel you've booked for the rest of you, I'm happy to sort my own booking out of course.

I have booked my tunnel crossings, same as yours and a few others. Thursday 17/4/14 18:36 out, Monday 21/4/14 19:06 return.

Hi Robin, happy new year.

If you could book yourself into:

Hotel Ibis Saint Omer Centre
4 Rue Henri Dupuis
62500 Saint-Omer, France

+33 3 21 93 11 11

That would be great.

Richard

Giles,

Happy new year to you, too.

I still haven't heard back from the hotel in Vianden, no idea why. I will chase the fellow up.

Richard

And a happy new year too. May I just say that unlike Robin, I am able to wipe my own arse ..... :thumb2

Giles, I have booked you into Vianden and St Omer, double.

Robin, I have booked you into Vianden and St Omer, single.

Heads up chaps.

I have added Stuart Daniels as a definite and hope to create a space for a friend of his, too.

We are taking a lot of rooms in Vianden and St Omer at what is a very busy time of year for hotels; fortunately we have got in early, which is good news. The other bit of good news is that I have managed to avoid paying a cash deposit upfront, helped as I have used Vianden several times before. But, I have taken the precaution of using my credit card as security... So, if anyone thinks that they won't make it sing up in good time, not on the day we are due, please.

I don't think it's unreasonable to give either hotel (particularly the private one in Vianden) a clear three weeks' notice of reconfirmation, so (unless I hear any squeals to the contrary) that is what I will do. If anyone thinks they will have a significant chance of not making it, sing up ASAP.

Joining instructions and routes to follow nearer the time.

With such a large group we will need to keep an eye on the fuel stops, coffee breaks and whatever. Please:

1. If everyone can be full of fuel when we leave St Omer, that would be great. There are several fuel stations in the town, use them on arrival.

2. The bigger capacity GSA bikes can probably make it to Vianden in one go. If you don't need fuel, make a bit of space for those that really do, please. But, I can't remember if there is any fuel in the town, so to be ready for the Saturday, we'll need to fill up in Clervaux.

3. As we approach Clervaux, there are two to three stations. If we can divide up, great.

4. I plan to have lunch in Chimay. I can only hope the restaurants are open. There are several, all similar, all within walking distance of each other. Let's think about splitting into groups as it will make it easier for everyone.

5. If anyone wants to ride alone or in a smaller group, I have no problem with that.

6. I will prepare several suggestions for Saturday and Sunday rides and will have a decent selection of maps available for anyone who wants to do their own thing.

7. I don't want to turn it all into a military exercise second only to DDay, it ain't. A bit of mutual help will go a long way to make it all fun and safe....which is all any of us really want.

Richard

This splitting into separate groups thing at lunch .... Can you make sure Robins not in mine ... :thumb2

I have checked the Ring calender and at the moment, the 'tourist days' (pay per lap) have not been announced. I'm guessing that you're unlikely to get track time over the Easter Weekend - there's stuff happening that weekend on some of the other parts of the circuit, but nothing up yet for the Nordschleife ..... (could make a good day out if they did stick a public day in on the Saturday .... :thumb2)

Back
Top Bottom