Black Harry and Leys Lane

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey up
There is a poster up on Black Harry lane announcing its change (Unless folk object) to a bridleway. I believe the same is on Leys lane (Middle bit of Chertpit lane)
This is my take on it below - Please put an objecting letter to

http://consult.peakdistrict.gov.uk/representation.cfm?TROID=7

I believe, and a call this morning with PDNPA confirms, that the Peak Planning are trying to turn that area over to a bridleway only status
They have "Had funding" for a couple of years to make a network of linked "Trails" for horse riding folk and Mountain bikers and of course walkers
See here
www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/black-harry-trails
Nice Idea I suppose to link everything up - Unlike the "Lets unlink" everything up attitude towards motorised vehicles that is there other policy at moment and in the past
I have thought for years that the horsefarms in this area are after sole usage of some of the trails the PDNPA must be on a backhander or Mates rates for the horse hire maybe ?? - I dont know of anything to be fair to them
Interestingly I have never ever seen a horse on "Black Harry Lane" or the bottom route towards Calver/Stony middleton (Coombs dale) Or on Thunderpit lane
I have never seen horse poo on those lanes either announcing that the horses have been here. I also walk the area as well as ride
Maybe the last horse on there was around Black Harrys time
Get the objections in because Unless we "ALL ARE ALLOWED TO USE" the lanes it it blatant and undoubtedly discrimination towards some of the areas most regular users and frequenters and spenders in the shops/cafes and gas stations
Just my thought of course but I think I am right !!!!!

Hey up
There is a poster up on Black Harry lane announcing its change (Unless folk object) to a bridleway. I believe the same is on Leys lane (Middle bit of Chertpit lane)
This is my take on it below - Please put an objecting letter to

http://consult.peakdistrict.gov.uk/representation.cfm?TROID=7

I believe, and a call this morning with PDNPA confirms, that the Peak Planning are trying to turn that area over to a bridleway only status
They have "Had funding" for a couple of years to make a network of linked "Trails" for horse riding folk and Mountain bikers and of course walkers
See here
www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/black-harry-trails
Nice Idea I suppose to link everything up - Unlike the "Lets unlink" everything up attitude towards motorised vehicles that is there other policy at moment and in the past
I have thought for years that the horsefarms in this area are after sole usage of some of the trails the PDNPA must be on a backhander or Mates rates for the horse hire maybe ?? - I dont know of anything to be fair to them
Interestingly I have never ever seen a horse on "Black Harry Lane" or the bottom route towards Calver/Stony middleton (Coombs dale) Or on Thunderpit lane
I have never seen horse poo on those lanes either announcing that the horses have been here. I also walk the area as well as ride
Maybe the last horse on there was around Black Harrys time
Get the objections in because Unless we "ALL ARE ALLOWED TO USE" the lanes it it blatant and undoubtedly discrimination towards some of the areas most regular users and frequenters and spenders in the shops/cafes and gas stations
Just my thought of course but I think I am right !!!!!

With the recent news on The Royche (illegal after the 19 Sept it's difficult to think any differently!!):nenau

Mick have posted me mini rant through link you sent. Probably fall on deaf ears.:rolleyes:

It went like this,

As a keen motorcycle rider with 35 years trail riding experience around The Peaks, I am dismayed at the thought of another lane being closed to traffic. Black Harry and Leys Lane do not have many horses using them and never have. When I ride the lanes I always stop and or move to one side, turn the engine off and sign for anyone with me to do the same. In all the time I have ridden I have never had a problem with any horse rider/s,often chat and say hello. There is and always has been room for us all to share the lanes. Keep Them Open, especially for motorcycles. I understand the land and the lanes and the seasons, I am a farmers son who lived near many lanes open to vehicles,never caused us problems 99% of folk were spot on ,friendly courteous individuals. The revenue generated by trail riders spending money in the Peaks, on fuel and food and lodging will be eroded. How many horse riders will be stopping and spending? How many horse riders actually ride these lanes. Do horse riders , walkers and cyclists have more rights than motorcycle trail riders. Do they behave more responsibly. I think not. Please keep these two lanes open, they have been as many others open for longer than most of us. The use of all the Peaks Lanes is low by motorised traffic. This is from someone who spends all his spare time in the Peaks,it's my backyard. There seems to be a concerted effort to close as many of the Lanes as possible. I do not and will never agree to old lane closures to traffic unless for repair or recovery on a temporary basis.

Thanks for posting:thumby:

Andrew

Not sure how effective my comments were but I've done something... Thanks for the 'heads-up'

Just a bump back up the list and to add - to be fair to everyone using the lane - that today I learnt of a nice lady who rides the " Black Harry lane" at least twice a week - So there are some horses out there using it as it is = An unclassified road - It also shows that yer never know what's down a lane till yer ride/drive it
Thanks lets hope it all get sorted properly and fair to all

Back
Top Bottom