November Wander - France (or somewhere) - 8-9 November

An enjoyable Wander; a good end for 2013 I thought.

My thanks to everyone for coming along, especially to Charlie (ChasMill) for tail ending so valiantly. A special mention to for Big Dave, who came all the way from Derbyshire.

Hope to see you all again some time next year.

Richard

Cold !! your not kidding. 1.5 deg in Bishops Stortford and a car covered in ice ! What was it like "Up North" tall Dave. Mind you, your tuff up there.
Bike looks like its been sprayed "mud brown".

Good weekend. Cheers Richard.:thumb2

Great trip again Richard, even If it was bloody cold going up the M11 but I now feel for Big Dave driving up to Derbyshire. We stopped off at the Stansted services for a warm up, bloody hell it's like the walking dead in there at night. I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the new Metzeler Next tyres especially on wet zebra crossings, over banding and the wonderful leaf strewn corners mid forest.
See you all again soon hopefully.
Regards Brian.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the new Metzeler Next tyres especially on wet zebra crossings, over banding and the wonderful leaf strewn corners mid forest.

Feel the same about the new Anakee 3s fitted to mine.

Yes a good overnighter rideout this one. Good roads and a quite stella night out as well to boot.
Pauline and I enjoyed the company very much

Dxtans

Richard
Like the others a BIG thanks for organising this Wander, and great to meet all those on the trip as is my first with you. I had a great time, roads were good fun mainly Sunday when the sun was out, good choice of hotel for the night, nice and warm. But boy was is cold back in Blighty on the way back.
Hope to be able to take another Wander with you again.
Cheers Bryan

Hi Richard,
Thank you for a great weekend. Super organisation, crowd and riding. Just what I needed!

Filled up at J11 of M20 and my feet never touched the ground until I pulled onto my drive! A little cold, but my late burger and fries did there job.

Anyways, here is my little report with the pictures I took;

Easy ride down, met up with the gang and smooth journey through the tunnel. Soon we were traveling down the twisty roads of Northern France. We stopped at Albert where Richard quickly organised 17 coffees at a really nice cafe in the square.

DSC_0476.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Short ride to the hotel at St Quentin. Really comfortable with great parking. We soon gathered in the bar and made our way to the restaurant in the square that Richard had lined up.

IMG_1686.jpg

After a fab meal we went for a night cap just across the square.

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

On Sunday we set off at 9.00am in the rain but by 10.00 it was sunshine all the way. Cafe stop at 10.30 and paid our respects at 11.00 at the local war memorial. Told you it was well organised!

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

After two and half hours of great riding we arrived at Saint Valery on the coast for lunch.

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Nice twisty ride back up to the tunnel rounded off a great weekend.

Thank you. :thumb2

Great pictures Dave, in particular that one of the chap in the fluorescent helmet with his wife navigating the roundabout. :clap

Back
Top Bottom