New Royal Enfield Continental GT

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have never had any time for British bikes or their derivatives but having seen this in MCN this week I can say it looks imho absolutely beautiful.
Harris designed frame, decent suspension and brakes what a cracking looking bike

Attachments

• royal enfield 1.png
    royal enfield 1.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 989
  • royal enfield 2.png
    royal enfield 2.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,183
  • royal enfield 3.jpg
    royal enfield 3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,071
Cracking bike, BUT watch the gearbox ( if it's a genuine 5 speed}, they can be a little bit fragile if you change hard. I used to ride mine wearing trainers, to get more feel on gear lever..

I saw one of these in the flesh last weekend and thought it looked lovely. Also, genuinley impressed with the finish/build quality.

Andres

How did they manage to make it weight 184 Kgs? Admittedly it has 2.7 gallons of fuel in the tank, around 9kgs? So sans fuel 175Kgs, pushed along by just 29bhp, if it had any fuel in it. The first 1200GS only weighed in at 200Kgs.

The tank is ugly, at the very least it needs to be de-seemed.

Saw one in the flesh yesterday. Nice bike, good quality bits and pieces....loved those mirrors....A polisher's dream.

Local dealer has sold two already....not bad, end of September n'all....:aidan

Cracking video, i wonder how big the support truck was, not for the bikes, just the models to do their make up every night

Unfortunately the bikes are built in India, not well renown for their manufacturing prowess :augie

Sure they said that about the Japanese in the sixties

They did ....just took 20 years or so to realise they were wrong!!

looked OK at the Ace Reunion a few weeks ago :nenau

Hi Proff, I think you're thinking of the old Conti GT, the 250 with the notoriously flakey 5-speed box. I don't think these modern fuel-injected engines share anything but the name & the colour of the tank with the 60's bikes.

That video definitely gets the juices flowing; I hope they sell a few bikes off the back of it!

A friend in the local bike club has bought the bike featured in the MCN article. Apparently it was the fourth bike off the production line and the first sold to a member of the public. It looks a bit different and a cracking bike. :cool:

I think the old one from the early sixties was actually quicker than the new one:blast and Isn't the new one a 500cc
looks ok though:confused:
Can't imagine spending over 5K for one:nenau

When they bring out an interceptor twin that looks similar or better than this sort of thing, it might get my attention..

MK2%20interceptor%20With%20Extras.jpg

Turns out it was designed by a design studio in Cramlington, the same one's who penned the Triumph 1200 Explorer

Back
Top Bottom