Shall I get a guzzi griso??

Reaction score
Having a look an test ride tomorrow sat 21st ,now lots of bad posts on tappets being devoured on models between 2009/2012 any thoughts or maybe should just plug for the 2013 griso with sorted cams ?? Any advice appreciated on owning one !! :thumb

They're a great looking bike, if you get one with a decent exhaust pipe it'll sound great. The cam follower thing is a bit over played, yes there have been a few issues but mainly with the early models.
I'm into four years of stelvio ownership, had my 2009 model for two years with a couple of very minor issues, and now my second 2011 NTX with 11,000mls and faultless. I also have two Stelvio owning mates who've covered several thousand miles without issue, apart from one with a blocked injector (didn't leave him stranded).

I had a 1200 griso for 8 months.
One of the most uncomfortable seats i've ever sat on, ok for short rides, but anything longer than 50 miles is an arse killer. And for rides less than 50 miles i didn't need a griso.
Did a ride to frejus (south of france) and back over 3 days just for a laugh. And i ended up crying in pain.
Put it in the garage and sold it to a german buyer when the weather warmed up. A two year old 1200 4v griso with a touch over 3k miles, £5350.

As i've previously posted on another griso thread...

They look superb. But hopeless for riding over long distances.

fp4b3s.jpg

n3ow9j.jpg

I now prefer the old timer which just oozes style and class, even with handlebar muffs. :cool:

2gydsn4.jpg

Completely disagree with Steptoe as I've ridden my 2007 Griso on the standard seat all over Europe often clocking 300 miles plus per day and it's the most comfortable and reliable bike I've ever toured on. Unlike my GS's which all required after market seats to be just about bearable. I personally find the relationship between handlebars/seat/pegs absolutely spot on for all day comfort but I guess each to their own and we're all different shapes and sizes. The best bet is to ask for a long test ride and see how you get on. Try Martin at Forza Italia, Silverstone as they're always very accommodating.

Completely disagree with Steptoe as I've ridden my 2007 Griso on the standard seat all over Europe often clocking 300 miles plus per day and it's the most comfortable and reliable bike I've ever toured on. .

I did two 500 mile plus days on the trot, and it was pergatory. :D

I did two 500 mile plus days on the trot, and it was pergatory. :D

Purgatory, dear - it's purgatory. Yeah, I know the accent makes it diffilcult for you but it's just another of life's wee challenges......:augie

Guzzi

My 1200 Sport has an overly long stretch to the bars , bit like the Griso , which makes it slightly uncomfortable so I fitted some bar risers to bring them back towards me a bit.

My seat is also too soft so after an hour or so its a bit uncomfortable but nothing to bad. Not really toured on it much but did do a 2 day weekend in the UK which was about 850 miles in total and really had no major problems at all.

I also fitted some adjustable pegs designed for the Norge which will also fit the Griso from Moto International in Seattle.

I wanted a Griso but fancied taking the Mrs out on the back occasionally and was advised by Andres of this parish that pillion comfort is not a strong suit.

This is mine ;

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3039164&postcount=57

Purgatory, dear - it's purgatory. Yeah, I know the accent makes it diffilcult for you but it's just another of life's wee challenges......:augie

So you know what i meant when i spelt it pergatory.
I'd worry less about the minutia of a post and more what it has to state.

But that's just me.

You carry on with the cross you have to bare.

So you know what i meant when i spelt it pergatory.
I'd worry less about the minutia of a post and more what it has to state.

But that's just me.

You carry on with the cross you have to bare [sic].

You're baring your cross for the world to see. Precision is important. Language is one of the primary ways in which we codify our worlds. If you can't get the fundamental bits correct then who knows what other mistakes you're making....

Personally, I'd thank someone for correcting my mistakes and helping me to be more precise but that's just me.....:)

You're baring your cross for the world to see. Precision is important. Language is one of the primary ways in which we codify our worlds. If you can't get the fundamental bits correct then who knows what other mistakes you're making....

Personally, I'd thank someone for correcting my mistakes and helping me to be more precise but that's just me.....:)

But you add nothing to a story.

You stick to your rules. And i'll carry on spinning a yarn. :D

But you add nothing to a story.

You stick to your rules. And i'll carry on spinning a yarn. :D

Ok, I'll see your paltry 1000 miles in two days and raise you 1500 miles in two days across Indiana, Missouri, Kansas and Colorado in temperatures of 40 deg C and high humidity. Pergatory [sic] pah.....you don't know the meaning of it, let alone not knowing how to spell it.

Happy now.......:p

Ok, I'll see your paltry 1000 miles in two days and raise you 1500 miles in two days across Indiana, Missouri, Kansas and Colorado in temperatures of 40 deg C and high humidity. Pergatory [sic] pah.....you don't know the meaning of it, let alone not knowing how to spell it.

Happy now.......:p

While you're talking about riding in the USA -- How's the blokes Pan you borrowed, damaged and left him to fix. :D

Had a Griso, a 1100 early model, best fun ever save for the electrics which told me after a jet wash that the ECU had major failure until it was dry! Still great bike tho!

Ive got an 07 1100 4V, its superb. Wouldn't want to traipse over Europe on it though, that's what the GS is for. But for a Sunday morning thrash or a sub 100 mile run theyre great. Terig pipe makes them sound good too....

As this thread has been resurrected , you won't object to me pointing out the above, especially as you were in corrective mode! :augie

HTH :thumb

I know it's an old thread but, there are a plethora of people out there modifying seats to fit your personal need for less than a couple of hundred pounds. Surely if you like everything else a relatively small additional cost considering the amount others spend on aesthetic bling.:nenau

Back
Top Bottom