FM radio option for Sena SMH 10

Poshtosser

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to link a FM radio to the Sena headset using bluetooth. i.e. is there a radio out there that I tune to a station and leave in the top box and listen to through the headset?
I thought this would be a simple matter but have spent an hour trawling the internet without finding a definitive response. It seems SENA is bringing out an SMH 10 with built in FM radio but I have just bought their "latest" model and it doesn't have it but surely if I can listen to music from my iPhone via bluetooth then I can listen to an FM radio somehow.
Before anyone suggests it I have tried using radio on the iphone but it doesn't work without wifi being avaialble.
Anyone?

"Before anyone suggests it I have tried using radio on the iphone but it doesn't work without wifi being avaialble."

Really? The one I use works just fine on 3G; it's called TuneIn Radio, and I use it over the Bluetooth with my SMH10R, and find it very good. Maybe you should change your radio app first?

"Before anyone suggests it I have tried using radio on the iphone but it doesn't work without wifi being avaialble."

Really? The one I use works just fine on 3G; it's called TuneIn Radio, and I use it over the Bluetooth with my SMH10R, and find it very good. Maybe you should change your radio app first?

Thanks. I use the BBC iPlayer Radio app. Before I had the Sena I rode from Midhurst to London using earphones and it would sometimes work - I guess where 3G was available (not everywhere) but without the earphones it doesn't work. I thought that maybe they acted as an external antenna?
Anyway thank you for your input. I'll download your suggested app and see if it works on the way home tonight.

It seems SENA is bringing out an SMH 10 with built in FM radio
Hmm, been waiting for that, can you show us where we gleaned that bit of info (maybe out by next spring?), cheers :thumb

+:thumb2 The one I use works just fine on 3G; it's called TuneIn Radio, and I use it over the Bluetooth sometimes you get dead spots on the phone ,but it soon comes back whe the signal is strong enough
:flag

SPH10H-FM, for half helmets
SPH10H-FM1-500x362.jpg

You could buy a Sena SM10-01 Bluetooth transmitter/splitter and plug in a normal radio/anyother non bluetooth audio source and hey presto.

It also allows both rider and pillion to listen to the same audio source.

See here
:thumb

You could buy a Sena SM10-01 Bluetooth transmitter/splitter and plug in a normal radio/anyother non bluetooth audio source and hey presto.

It also allows both rider and pillion to listen to the same audio source.

See here
:thumb

Thanks and that may be a good solution but on the other hand £83.00 plus radio seems a bit steep....

Back
Top Bottom