Thread: Madagascar

Talking Madagascar

Yep, folks, I'm on the road once more.
    This time I've gone to Madagascar - a place I've dreamt about visiting ever since camping on a Mozambique beach under a full moon and gazing out across the Indian Ocean. Although it's out of sight, knowing that there was this immense and slightly mysterious island out there.

And here I am, though a bit of a first as I'm without Thelma, who I've left in the care of Barbara Alam and Craig Carey Clinch for some much needed TLC while I'm away.

It was just too expensive to bring Thelma.

Instead I'm on a bike I've bought out here- Suzi the Suzuki DR 350cc

Soft luggage courtesy of Giant Loop (and so far I've been VERY impressed)

It's been an incredible trip so far - to begin with, this bike has got a metal rattling thing called a chain- I'll be having some fun with that

Sand, mud, dug out canoes and lots of adventures (and I've only be here 10 days!)

However, Internet access is limited and slow, so I'm afraid I won't be able to post up on here much, and anyway, it's not a GS, so what the hell AM I doing here??!!

You can follow me in the usual places
    my website mainly

Enjoy

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Looking good Tiff, I am insanely jealous

Take care out there. Kx

Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    Looking good Tiff, I am insanely jealous

Take care out there. Kx
    Good stuff Tiff, real ladies biking... Pun intended
    Keep it Fluffy...
    Honda Varadero 2001..
    check out my way of life http://www.balooz.com
    check out my divesite http://www.cluin.com
    check out my motoguide site http://www.motomunster.com

Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    Good stuff Tiff, real ladies biking... Pun intended
    Very true

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hello Tiffany, it doesn't matter what you're riding, plenty of folk in here will be interested in your adventures. Probably jealous as hell as well

Interesting to know how long the chain and sprockets last with the treatment you're giving them. I don't think that picture six is the approved technique for cleaning chains, there again what do I know, I ride a shaftie.

I hope you have another great trip.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Damn, Madagascar is on my list of places to get to but I haven't even managed a package trip let alone biking.

Not the safest place in the world right now so please be safe!

Tiffany,
    Looking forward to this.

You keep posting, the bike doesn't matter, your GS is having some TLC and its well deserved. As an armchair adventurer i get great pleasure in reading about the Travellers Exploits. Looking forward to your next instalment . In your own time
    Enjoy your trip keep safe.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Hello Tiffany, it doesn't matter what you're riding, plenty of folk in here will be interested in your adventures. Probably jealous as hell
    Very true, those of us who can't do these big trips love reading about those who can. Have a great time!

Great to read your posts as always Tiff.
    I've just gone back to a chain as well R1200Gs to F800Gs.
    Matt in sunny Taunton

I have a friend who is out there at the moment for a few weeks, paid a load of money to go on an organised conservation trip but guaranteed that he won't have half the fun & adventure that you will!
    Enjoy.

ps. I'm quite keen on a DR350 at some point, let us know what you think of it...

We did 3 weeks in Madagascar for our honeymoon in 2000. An amazing place that we'll never ever forget. The thoughts of doing it on a bike is very inspiring and appealing. Have a great trip and immerse yourself in the people and culture

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Is she not in India at the moment?