Winter Upgrades

Sylvester

Reaction score
Well, its nearly Christmas so I thought I'd treat the Bike to some TLC and goodies. I have been looking into tweaking the motor for awhile so this is the chosen path. I have a Seibenrock 1000 fitted but still want a little more. As the heads are the original 800cc heads I have decided after speaking to several gurus that I will have some machining done to match the heads to the barrels and increase the comp a bit. Then I will look for a tail pipe to match and a bigger disc.
Anyone know of a good tail pipe that has a good solid mount for the pillion peg? I use the back seat a lot (hence the reason for more power/brakes). Not seen a tail pipe other than Sito with a good pillion mount. I may have to fabricate one myself.

Hi John, Yep the laser would probably fit the bill. I was thinking of going fancy and fitting a mid level pipe and making a footrest bracket. the laser would mean I wouldn't have to cut the side panel to fit. I don't like the "no side panels look". I also have been looking into getting connecter pipe made at a place near my folks and fitting an adaptable silencer, making all the brackets, I could then weld the mount brackets required connecter. I will probably be stripping the bike back to the frame for a month or two so I have time. The engine top end will be spending Christmas in the uk. Once I see if I have gained any oomph I might consider a box rebuild with a taller 5th gear.

That was one good thing about the Laser Colin, fitted straight in place with not too much faff. Taller 5th gear would be useful on the autobahn :D

beter brackes

Hallo
I can du you a 4 pot brembo with good pads no modifications needed will fit the standard forks and disc or you can put it on the HE setup 320mm then you will have really good brackes 115euro + 6,90 postage inshured i allso have one lampen mask left if your feeling lucky bargaine for 120 euro

Attachments

• IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 500
Litrfun, is that a baffle I see in the end of the Gletter can, and , if it is what sort is it and how effective is it - my Gletter is too loud for road use and it isnt proving easy to find a baffle which fits and works.

Hallo
I can du you a 4 pot brembo with good pads no modifications needed will fit the standard forks and disc or you can put it on the HE setup 320mm then you will have really good brackes 115euro + 6,90 postage inshured i allso have one lampen mask left if your feeling lucky bargaine for 120 euro

I have a 4 pot brembo somewhere in the garage but I thought you had to change the mastercylinder as well?

I have a 4 pot brembo somewhere in the garage but I thought you had to change the mastercylinder as well?

Hallo,
well it all depends on your own taste lots of people with supermoto just use a 13mm I my self prefer 15 or 16mm it reduces the amount of distance you need to pull the lever back thats all :ronno

Litrfun, is that a baffle I see in the end of the Gletter can, and , if it is what sort is it and how effective is it - my Gletter is too loud for road use and it isnt proving easy to find a baffle which fits and works.

hallo ,
its just a bafel I bought the first one on ebay for around 15 euro but choped it down because they only need to be around 2 to 3 " long to work since then I have a friend macke me them up for me but I am aut of stock the last I fitted in the digger in work 2 weeks ago I allso opend mine up and got rid of the chambers replaced with glasswool and perferated metal tryed it to knight with a Y piece on jeh its loude much lauder than my akrapovic but been a old bicke before 1987 its ok ok this one will fit it just needs choping down 2,3 inches from the bend , if you dont have any look I can macke you one up and send it to you no problem but it will be in 10 days time now before I can post !!!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/DB-Eater-Kil...84297?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item53fe860fc9

Litefun, thanks for the offer but I have managed to tone down the Gletter, just needed a good rake through the 40 years of accumulated junk in the shed until I found something that worked.

Like you, I found that I needed a long baffle in the can, and some sound adsorbent packing.

I found it easier to get the baffle in from the front , wrapped in muffler packing, and together with a short db killer in the outlet in has quietened it down sufficiently.

Gletters site doesn't actually say the muffler is for off road use only, but they do list one with road use certification on their site so I suppose you have to work it out for your self.

I emailed Gletter asking if they sold a db killer or if they could advise the best way to reduce the sound, but didn't receive a reply , and I had hoped that you might have done the same with a bit more success.

Well licke I saide I opend mine up and removed all the chambers in side and made it into a race can and fitted a DB killer but to be quite ohnest they dont really have any vollume so how can you expecht to macke it much quiter they are verry robust and neat but extremly aut dated I have only kept mine because of the rear foot peg and its on a 3rd bicke any way ! I am macking up some oversized headers my self and will convert a akrapovic with rear peg then I will sell the Gletter on ebay any way :ronno

Akrapovich

hier is one I made early jehr

Attachments

• IMG_4006.JPG
    IMG_4006.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_4007.JPG
    IMG_4007.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 404
Do the brackets on the 4 pot brembo have to e thinned by 4 mm or will they fit standard

Back
Top Bottom