K75 Low seat question

PV111

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently got a 23 yr old K75. Love it. It has the low seat - which is great for me.
However in an ideal world I would have the RT version for that bit extra protection.
Q. If I bought a K75RT with standard seat height - How easy/difficult is it to swop seats from one to the other?

Any advice / suggestions / experiences gratefully received.

Thanks.

Well there's more to than a simple change of seats.

The lock mechanism needs to be changed, as does the latch under the seat that the front of the low seat hooks into. Then there are two lugs fitted to the seat cowl that will have to be fitted to the normal seat bike.

The tabs on the tank that the seat shroud fits to will have to be unstuck and positioned correctly on the other tank.

Side panels aren't a problem unless they require a colour change.

The big difference is in the position of the ECU. On the low seat model the ECU sits behind the battery in front of the mudguard, on the normal seat version it resides on the top of the battery beneath the underseat tray.

There's a lot to swap over, probably easier if you have both bikes side by side.

Edit, pop in when you are in Plymouth if you want to see the differences I have an LT in pieces at the moment, a standard seat K75S and a K1 which uses the same low seat arrangement.

Thanks Mike. Sorry for the delay in replying - been away and not around much lately.

Thanks for the offer to look at your bikes. I would like to do that. Please PM me with contact number and I will give you a call.

Side panels aren't a problem unless they require a colour change.

The big difference is in the position of the ECU. On the low seat model the ECU sits behind the battery in front of the mudguard, on the normal seat version it resides on the top of the battery beneath the underseat tray.

Side panels aren't used/needed on the low seat K models.

On a low seat K75 the ECU sits in the usual place above the battery in a low seat plastic ECU holder.

Side panels aren't used/needed on the low seat K models.

He wants to swap from low seat to normal Neil.

Yep. Brain-fart. I've just looked at photos of my old K75. The ECU is in the same place minus the underseat storage tray. :blast

DSCF2789-L.jpg

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom