Russia Solo?

LHutchin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planniing to a solo trip next year Denmark to Sweden to Finland into Russia to St Petersburg.

Spend a few days in St Petersburg then turn around and reverse the trip back.

The only bit that slightly concerns me is Russia.

Is it safe enough for the solo traveller?

Cheers :thumb2

safety

Very safe. Get the Lonely Planet Russian phrase book and learn a few words to greet etc.

The deeper you go into Russia the less 'Anti Western' they initially behave:)

Just come back from a trip that included Russia, no problems at all apart from the bat crazy driving....and that wasn't really a problem at all.

If you go on couchsurfing.org and post on the St Petersburg page I'm sure a guy called Viktor will respond. I was in St P for 4 days and he looked after me. Really nice fella who knows his city very well.
If you have any questions or want a link to my blog PM me!

JC

Start working on your vodka tolerance - you will find great hospitality and you will be required to up hold the honour of the Empire! stick to the vodka - dont mix with beer, intersperse with soft drinks (never mixed) and be inventive with your toasts... and if you can get one in early to the beauty and strength of Russian women around the table in before the locals ... it always goes down well ...

Thanks for the replies :thumb2

Just come back from a trip that
included Russia, no problems at all apart from the bat crazy driving....and that wasn't really a problem at all.

If you go on couchsurfing.org and post on the St Petersburg page I'm sure a guy called Viktor will respond. I was in St P for 4 days and he looked after me. Really nice fella who knows his city very well.
If you have any questions or want a link to my blog PM me!

JC

Thanks may just do that :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom